BUSINESS REPORT: Georgia is Attracting Businesses in Droves
By Shana Daley
From the September/October 2012 issue
Talent. Access. Infrastructure. Affordable. Pro-Business. Georgia has everything businesses need to succeed, and it’s also a great place to live. That’s why Atlanta is home to more Fortune 500 companies than any metro area in the nation except New York City and Houston.
It has been a great year for Georgia, with several big development wins in recent months [see chart below].
Georgia Power’s economic development organization is a one-stop source for business and industrial development. Over the past decade alone the utility’s Community & Economic Development organization has helped bring almost 100,000 jobs and $19 billion in capital investment to Georgia.
The utility can assist with every step of the site selection process, from responding to RFIs, to coordinating sites visits, to working with state agencies and local communities for access to incentives, to hosting prospect visits in the Georgia Resource Center.
Georgia Power offers total project management, workforce analysis, detailed demographics, engineering (site analysis, preliminary site plans and design, infrastructure analysis, soil and wetlands analysis), building renderings and virtual 3-D building analysis, city and state comparisons, coordination of employer interviews and liaison to colleges and universities. At SelectGeorgia.com, Georgia Power’s property search database contains available buildings and sites in the state, as well as extensive information on all of Georgia’s 159 counties and 535 cities. Industry reports, as well as information about wage rates, incentives, unionization, taxes, transportation and quality of life can be found on the organization’s website.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open
- The Tree Pods are Coming
Topic Tags: Georgia Power