Hatch Stamping Company Selects Portland, TN For New Manufacturing Plant
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Hatch Stamping Company officials have announced the company will locate a new manufacturing facility in Portland, TN in an effort to expand its footprint in the Southeast. With a goal of being fully operational by January 2015, the Michigan-based automotive components manufacturer will invest $17 million in an existing facility and create 101 new jobs in Robertson County.
“Our specialized automotive workforce is a significant competitive advantage for Tennessee, and I couldn’t be more pleased to see Hatch Stamping leverage this strength for our state. I appreciate the company’s decision to locate in Portland and wish them much continued success in the future,” Economic and Community Development Commissioner Bill Hagerty said.
Hatch Stamping Company will design and manufacture highly engineered metal stampings and assemblies in a manufacturing facility located in Portland. The company is a Tier I and Tier II automotive supplier and will produce parts for the southeastern market and worldwide distribution.
The addition of this new location will expand the company’s global footprint to meet the needs of its customers with the ability to offer all of its existing products and services in a southern location.
“Hatch Stamping Company is very pleased to announce the opening of a Portland, Tennessee manufacturing location,” Hatch Stamping Company President & COO Dan Craig said. “Expansion to the Southeastern U.S. was a logical business decision considering the expansion of the automotive industry in that region. Hatch Stamping is now well-positioned to service our North American customers from several locations in Michigan, Portland, Tennessee and Queretaro, Mexico. Hatch Stamping Company would like to extend our sincere gratitude to the Tennessee Department of Economic and Community Development who have worked diligently to make this project happen.”
“TVA and Cumberland Electric Membership Corporation congratulate Hatch Stamping Company on its decision to locate new operations in Portland,” John Bradley, TVA senior vice president of Economic Development, said. “We are glad to partner with the state of Tennessee, the city of Portland, and Robertson County officials to help recruit and expand companies. This enables residents to benefit from the hundreds of new jobs available in our communities.”
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana
- GE To Add 120 Jobs, Invest $7.4M In Iowa Manufacturing Facility