New Meijer Distribution Center To Create 300 New Jobs In Pleasant Prairie, WI
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Meijer Distribution Inc. is investing $146 million to purchase and remodel an existing facility in Pleasant Prairie, WI for a new distribution center. The distribution center, which will be located in the LakeView Corporate Park, is expected to serve stores in Wisconsin, Illinois, and possibly other states.
“This is great news for Kenosha County, which has proven that it is a very attractive area for job creators looking to grow and expand here in Wisconsin,” said Gov. Scott Walker. “We’ll continue to do our part to improve the business climate in the state by cutting taxes, streamlining regulations, and investing in worker training, to keep our positive economic growth heading in the right direction.”
“We’re pleased that Meijer – after reviewing numerous options – decided to open its facility in southeastern Wisconsin,” said Reed Hall, Secretary and CEO of Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC), the state’s lead economic development agency. “This is a growing company that has been in business for generations. We’re happy that the next phase of its growth will take place in Wisconsin.”
Once work is completed, the facility is expected to employ 271 full-time workers and 42 part-time employees. Meijer Distribution Inc., is eligible for up to $5.25 million in tax credits from WEDC over the next eight years. The actual amount of the credits will be contingent upon the number of jobs created.
“Kenosha County welcomes the Meijer team to our area, which has become a leading region in the state and the nation for new development and the jobs that accompany that growth,” said Kenosha County Executive Jim Kreuser.
“Meijer’s decision to operate in Pleasant Prairie is another strong signal that Kenosha County is the premier location for new investment in the Chicago-Milwaukee corridor,” added Todd Battle, President of the Kenosha Area Business Alliance (KABA). “This is a major investment by a strong company with an incredible brand, a great history, and bright future.”
KABA is currently working with Meijer, Gateway Technical College, and the Kenosha County Job Center to help the company meet its hiring needs for the new facility.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open
- The Tree Pods are Coming