Amazon has announced plans to open a new one-million-square-foot, state of the art fulfillment center in Tracy, CA. At the Tracy facility, hundreds of full time Amazon employees will engage with high-end technology while fulfilling customer orders.
“I am honored and pleased that Amazon recognizes our streamlined business development efforts, prime location and resources available to meet the demands of their fulfillment center,” said city of Tracy Mayor Brent H. Ives. “Amazon is a wonderful addition to our economic base and will provide hundreds of jobs for residents of Tracy.”
“This latest development in Tracy not only represents good jobs coming to the region but California’s strong partnership with Amazon,” said Kish Rajan, Director of the Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development. “This third new distribution center marks a commitment by Amazon of over 1,000 California jobs in the last year alone.”
“We are grateful to be members of the California business community and to employ so many hardworking and skilled Californians,” said Mike Roth, vice president of Amazon’s North American operations. “We are excited to be growing in the state and to be creating hundreds of full-time positions in Tracy.”
“We are jubilant with the announcement that Amazon has chosen Tracy in San Joaquin County for the location of a major investment in a state of the art automated technology fulfillment center,” said Mike Ammann, CEO of San Joaquin Partnership.
Prologis, a leading owner, operator and developer of industrial real estate, is building the site.
You might like:
- Amazon Adding Two New Fulfillment Facilities In California
- Business Report: Illinois Leaders Form Non-Profit to Spur Job Creation
- Industry Focus: Aerospace Sector Is Flying High Again
- Data Cowboys
- Kansas City Launches “Smart City” Initiative
- Leading FDI Experts Analyze Global Trends At LiveXchange
- Chicago Celebrates Technology Startup Hub Expansion, 700 New Tech Jobs
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- Michigan Hot Dog Maker To Expand, Hire 140 Workers
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Last Chance
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- Salesforce To Grow Regional HQ, Add 800 Jobs In Indiana
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- Two-Way Street
- State Focus: New York – Accelerating Biotech Innovation In The Empire State
- TeamHealth Expanding In Knoxville, TN