Moderna Therapeutics Expands In New HQ And Lab In Cambridge, MA
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Moderna Therapeutics has announced the expansion of its headquarters to Technology Square in Cambridge, MA. With the addition of the new space, Moderna will have up to 100 full-time employees at two locations by the end of 2013.
“We are thrilled to expand our presence in Massachusetts, the country’s most important hub of biotech innovation, which has been a great source of talent and ideas to Moderna from its earliest days,” said Stephane Bancel, president and founding CEO of Moderna.
The new site will be the center of Moderna’s R&D and provide a significant increase in laboratory space for formulation, screening, and both in-vivo and in-vitro studies. The facility houses administrative and corporate needs as well as IT specialists and is equipped with state of the art technology to enable virtual collaboration and cloud-based computing. Moderna’s previous Cambridge headquarters will continue to serve as an additional site for manufacturing and quality.
“In Massachusetts, we invest in the life sciences because we are choosing to shape our own future,” said Gov. Deval Patrick. “I congratulate Moderna on their new facility and look forward to the jobs and economic opportunities they will bring.”
“On behalf of the team at the Massachusetts Life Sciences Center, congratulations to Moderna on its expansion here in the Commonwealth,” said MLSC President & CEO Dr. Susan Windham-Bannister. “We are pleased to have awarded Moderna 2011 and 2012 Tax Incentives tied to their new job creation in Massachusetts and look forward to the great R&D efforts in ‘messenger RNA Therapeutics’ that will be taking place in this new space.”
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future