Business Facilities In The News: Tennessee Ranks No. 1 In Automotive Manufacturing Strength For An Unprecedented Four Consecutive Years
Tennessee Ranks No. 1 In Automotive Manufacturing Strength For An Unprecedented Four Consecutive Years
ECD News Release
Posted on July 26, 2013
Business Facilities, a national economic development publication, has released its annual state Automotive Manufacturing Strength ranking. For an unprecedented fourth consecutive year, Tennessee has been named the No. 1 state in the nation for Automotive Manufacturing Strength.
“This impressive distinction further solidifies Tennessee’s position as a global leader in automotive manufacturing strength,” Tennessee Department of Economic and Community Development Commissioner Bill Hagerty said. “When internationally renowned companies like General Motors, Magneti Marelli, Nissan and Volkswagen choose to relocate and expand in our state, it extends Tennessee’s place at the top beyond the U.S. and into today’s globally competitive environment. I could not be more pleased to hear this great news.”
Read the rest of the release here.
You might like:
- Feature Story: Georgia Governor’s Report – Georgia’s High-Powered Growth Engine
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment