New Grand Ocean International Opens North American Office In Omaha, NE
New Grand Ocean International, a Chinese-owned agribusiness based in Thailand with operations throughout eastern Asia, held a grand opening ribbon cutting recently on its newest and only North American facility in Omaha.
The family-owned company is a large wholesale distributor of beef, pork and chicken products, earning $40-45 million in annual sales. The company, which expects to rely heavily on Nebraska suppliers, will immediately hire two employees. Phase two plans call for construction of a processing plant with the potential for hiring 15 to 20 people.
“We truly hope to become a great bridge between Nebraska agriculture and the Asian market. We also hope to establish a long stable and constructive partnership with local businesses. And we will try our best to give back to the community and create more job opportunities for Nebraska,” said Quian Chen, owner.
You might like:
- Feature Story: Georgia Governor’s Report – Georgia’s High-Powered Growth Engine
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment