Shutterfly, Inc., an Internet-based social expression and personal publishing service, announced it will triple its East Coast manufacturing operations (subject to final state approvals) with a new state-of-the-art production facility in Fort Mill, SC. Responding to significant business growth, this expansion will increase Shutterfly’s East Coast photo product operations footprint to 300,000 total square feet. The new facility is scheduled to open in the second quarter of 2013 and the existing Charlotte, NC, manufacturing space will be fully operational until that time.
With the new facility located less than 10 miles from the company’s current location, Shutterfly expects to retain existing employees while creating new jobs during the next three years. This expansion builds on Shutterfly’s commitment to U.S.-based operations, as the company maintains all manufacturing domestically.
“I am extremely proud that we are able to retain the employees working in our Charlotte facility while adding new jobs and expanding our manufacturing foot print,” said Jeffrey Housenbold, president and CEO of Shutterfly. “Fort Mill is an ideal location for its proximity to our employees and the new talented local labor pool.”
While Shutterfly manufacturing is not new to the eastern U.S., the customer service center in Fort Mill will be the first East Coast customer service presence for Shutterfly. The move will bring new jobs to the U.S.
Housenbold, explains, “Expanding our manufacturing facilities is critical to ensuring we are able to respond to increasing demand and deliver the best to our growing customer base.”
“I am grateful to Shutterfly for bringing new skilled jobs to South Carolina,” said Robert Hitt, South Carolina Secretary of Commerce. “We worked closely with Shutterfly and supported its efforts to secure a facility that could accommodate rapid growth and existing employee population.”
The new facility will increase Shutterfly’s speed and efficiency in producing and shipping the Company’s award-winning products such as photo books, holiday cards, and personalized stationery. In addition to future positions in Fort Mill, Shutterfly is actively recruiting for several key positions in the areas of manufacturing, engineering, and customer service.
You might like:
- Thomson Reuters Expanding Texas Operations
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- State Focus – Kansas: The Sunflower State Is Blooming and Booming
- Feature Story: 2016 Economic Development Awards
- Automotive Industry Focus: Hitting On All Cylinders
- Cover Story: Global Biotech Report
- Race to a Smart Future
- Toyota Chooses Ann Arbor For Third U.S. Research Facility
- DH Pace Company Expands Kansas HQ Facility
- Heroic Efforts In California
- Water on the Brain
- Cape Coral Economic Development Office: Location Spotlight of the Week
- GM Investing Over $788M, Creating 781 Jobs In Tennessee
- Axiall, Lotte Invest $3 Billion in Louisiana Chemical Plants
- Monsanto To Invest $975M In Louisiana Expansion
- $25 Million Pledged for Economic Development Partnership in Flint, Michigan Amid Water Crisis
- Auto Supply Manufacturer Adding 80 Jobs In Indiana
Topic Tags: Shutterfly