Shutterfly Expanding In Fort Mill, SC
Shutterfly, Inc., an Internet-based social expression and personal publishing service, announced it will triple its East Coast manufacturing operations (subject to final state approvals) with a new state-of-the-art production facility in Fort Mill, SC. Responding to significant business growth, this expansion will increase Shutterfly’s East Coast photo product operations footprint to 300,000 total square feet. The new facility is scheduled to open in the second quarter of 2013 and the existing Charlotte, NC, manufacturing space will be fully operational until that time.
With the new facility located less than 10 miles from the company’s current location, Shutterfly expects to retain existing employees while creating new jobs during the next three years. This expansion builds on Shutterfly’s commitment to U.S.-based operations, as the company maintains all manufacturing domestically.
“I am extremely proud that we are able to retain the employees working in our Charlotte facility while adding new jobs and expanding our manufacturing foot print,” said Jeffrey Housenbold, president and CEO of Shutterfly. “Fort Mill is an ideal location for its proximity to our employees and the new talented local labor pool.”
While Shutterfly manufacturing is not new to the eastern U.S., the customer service center in Fort Mill will be the first East Coast customer service presence for Shutterfly. The move will bring new jobs to the U.S.
Housenbold, explains, “Expanding our manufacturing facilities is critical to ensuring we are able to respond to increasing demand and deliver the best to our growing customer base.”
“I am grateful to Shutterfly for bringing new skilled jobs to South Carolina,” said Robert Hitt, South Carolina Secretary of Commerce. “We worked closely with Shutterfly and supported its efforts to secure a facility that could accommodate rapid growth and existing employee population.”
The new facility will increase Shutterfly’s speed and efficiency in producing and shipping the Company’s award-winning products such as photo books, holiday cards, and personalized stationery. In addition to future positions in Fort Mill, Shutterfly is actively recruiting for several key positions in the areas of manufacturing, engineering, and customer service.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open
- The Tree Pods are Coming
Topic Tags: Shutterfly