Shutterfly, Inc., an Internet-based social expression and personal publishing service, announced it will triple its East Coast manufacturing operations (subject to final state approvals) with a new state-of-the-art production facility in Fort Mill, SC. Responding to significant business growth, this expansion will increase Shutterfly’s East Coast photo product operations footprint to 300,000 total square feet. The new facility is scheduled to open in the second quarter of 2013 and the existing Charlotte, NC, manufacturing space will be fully operational until that time.
With the new facility located less than 10 miles from the company’s current location, Shutterfly expects to retain existing employees while creating new jobs during the next three years. This expansion builds on Shutterfly’s commitment to U.S.-based operations, as the company maintains all manufacturing domestically.
“I am extremely proud that we are able to retain the employees working in our Charlotte facility while adding new jobs and expanding our manufacturing foot print,” said Jeffrey Housenbold, president and CEO of Shutterfly. “Fort Mill is an ideal location for its proximity to our employees and the new talented local labor pool.”
While Shutterfly manufacturing is not new to the eastern U.S., the customer service center in Fort Mill will be the first East Coast customer service presence for Shutterfly. The move will bring new jobs to the U.S.
Housenbold, explains, “Expanding our manufacturing facilities is critical to ensuring we are able to respond to increasing demand and deliver the best to our growing customer base.”
“I am grateful to Shutterfly for bringing new skilled jobs to South Carolina,” said Robert Hitt, South Carolina Secretary of Commerce. “We worked closely with Shutterfly and supported its efforts to secure a facility that could accommodate rapid growth and existing employee population.”
The new facility will increase Shutterfly’s speed and efficiency in producing and shipping the Company’s award-winning products such as photo books, holiday cards, and personalized stationery. In addition to future positions in Fort Mill, Shutterfly is actively recruiting for several key positions in the areas of manufacturing, engineering, and customer service.
You might like:
- 1,000th Michigan Business Lands Energy Incentives
- California, Illinois, Texas Lead The Charge Toward A Modernized Power Grid
- AvePoint Expanding In Richmond And Arlington County, Virginia
- Super Bowl 50 To Generate Over $220M For San Francisco Bay Area
- Grid Stars
- Valmiera Glass To Invest $90M In Georgia
- Indiana Electrical Grid Management Firm Adding 80+ Jobs
- Sustainable Corrugated Investing $15M In Georgia
- Olympus Will Build National Service Center in Bartlett, TN
- Illinois Is Top State For LEED Green Building
- Rapid Growth Leads 2U To New Maryland HQ
- Icy Hot
- Walking the Walk: Innovation Summit
- Business Facilities LiveXchange Announces 2016 Keynote Panel
- Daimler Trucks To Invest $22.7M In SC Freightliner Facilities
Topic Tags: Shutterfly