Firestone Building Products will more than double the size of its manufacturing plant in Tuscumbia, AL. Construction will begin in September on the 150,000-square-foot addition to the plant, which produces roofing membranes that provide resistance to ultraviolet, ozone and chemical exposure. The work is expected to be complete by the second quarter of 2013.
By July 2015, an additional manufacturing line will start up, creating about 40 jobs.
“Expansion to the Firestone Shoals plant will allow us to gain some much-needed warehouse space for the short term and increase our manufacturing capabilities to meet customer demand in the future,” Tim Dunn, president of Firestone Building Products, said in a prepared statement.
You might like:
- Amazon Adding Two New Fulfillment Facilities In California
- Business Report: Illinois Leaders Form Non-Profit to Spur Job Creation
- Industry Focus: Aerospace Sector Is Flying High Again
- Data Cowboys
- Kansas City Launches “Smart City” Initiative
- Leading FDI Experts Analyze Global Trends At LiveXchange
- Chicago Celebrates Technology Startup Hub Expansion, 700 New Tech Jobs
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- Michigan Hot Dog Maker To Expand, Hire 140 Workers
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Last Chance
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- Salesforce To Grow Regional HQ, Add 800 Jobs In Indiana
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- Two-Way Street
- State Focus: New York – Accelerating Biotech Innovation In The Empire State
- TeamHealth Expanding In Knoxville, TN