Firestone Building Products Expands in Tuscumbia, AL
Firestone Building Products will more than double the size of its manufacturing plant in Tuscumbia, AL. Construction will begin in September on the 150,000-square-foot addition to the plant, which produces roofing membranes that provide resistance to ultraviolet, ozone and chemical exposure. The work is expected to be complete by the second quarter of 2013.
By July 2015, an additional manufacturing line will start up, creating about 40 jobs.
“Expansion to the Firestone Shoals plant will allow us to gain some much-needed warehouse space for the short term and increase our manufacturing capabilities to meet customer demand in the future,” Tim Dunn, president of Firestone Building Products, said in a prepared statement.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future