Firestone Building Products will more than double the size of its manufacturing plant in Tuscumbia, AL. Construction will begin in September on the 150,000-square-foot addition to the plant, which produces roofing membranes that provide resistance to ultraviolet, ozone and chemical exposure. The work is expected to be complete by the second quarter of 2013.
By July 2015, an additional manufacturing line will start up, creating about 40 jobs.
“Expansion to the Firestone Shoals plant will allow us to gain some much-needed warehouse space for the short term and increase our manufacturing capabilities to meet customer demand in the future,” Tim Dunn, president of Firestone Building Products, said in a prepared statement.
You might like:
- Thomson Reuters Expanding Texas Operations
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- State Focus – Kansas: The Sunflower State Is Blooming and Booming
- Feature Story: 2016 Economic Development Awards
- Automotive Industry Focus: Hitting On All Cylinders
- Cover Story: Global Biotech Report
- Race to a Smart Future
- Toyota Chooses Ann Arbor For Third U.S. Research Facility
- DH Pace Company Expands Kansas HQ Facility
- Heroic Efforts In California
- Water on the Brain
- Cape Coral Economic Development Office: Location Spotlight of the Week
- GM Investing Over $788M, Creating 781 Jobs In Tennessee
- Axiall, Lotte Invest $3 Billion in Louisiana Chemical Plants
- Monsanto To Invest $975M In Louisiana Expansion
- $25 Million Pledged for Economic Development Partnership in Flint, Michigan Amid Water Crisis
- Auto Supply Manufacturer Adding 80 Jobs In Indiana