Firestone Building Products Expands in Tuscumbia, AL
Firestone Building Products will more than double the size of its manufacturing plant in Tuscumbia, AL. Construction will begin in September on the 150,000-square-foot addition to the plant, which produces roofing membranes that provide resistance to ultraviolet, ozone and chemical exposure. The work is expected to be complete by the second quarter of 2013.
By July 2015, an additional manufacturing line will start up, creating about 40 jobs.
“Expansion to the Firestone Shoals plant will allow us to gain some much-needed warehouse space for the short term and increase our manufacturing capabilities to meet customer demand in the future,” Tim Dunn, president of Firestone Building Products, said in a prepared statement.
You might like:
- Feature Story: Georgia Governor’s Report – Georgia’s High-Powered Growth Engine 3020 Views
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings 1860 Views
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners 1723 Views
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders 1703 Views
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment 1676 Views