Carmeuse Lime & Stone, a manufacturer of a complete range of lime and limestone products for a variety of industries, will invest $45 million to expand its manufacturing operation in Frederick County, Virginia.
The project will create 25 new jobs and includes the installation of a new modern kiln to meet growing production demands.
“Carmeuse Lime & Stone has a strong presence in Virginia, as the Frederick County operation is one of five locations in the Commonwealth,” said Gov. Bob McDonnell. He added, “All Carmeuse products are produced from high-quality natural deposits of limestone, and the Frederick County mine has ample infrastructure to accommodate the need for increased production. The lime business is expanding rapidly due to regulations that require coal fired utilities to perform additional scrubbing, and Carmeuse’s consistent growth in Virginia speaks volumes about our positive business climate and wealth of available natural resources.”
Area Operations Manager, Jim Bottom, stated that Carmeuse is thrilled to be expanding its operations in the Commonwealth of Virginia. According to Bottom, “The Commonwealth and the Frederick County Economic Development team have been great to work with and have offered Carmeuse an attractive incentive package, which certainly influenced our decision to expand in Virginia versus other states.”
The Virginia Economic Development Partnership worked with Frederick County and the Winchester-Frederick County Economic Development Commission to secure the project for the state. Gov. McDonnell approved a $250,000 performance-based grant from the Virginia Investment Partnership (VIP) program, an incentive available to existing Virginia companies. Through its Virginia Jobs Investment Program, the Virginia Department of Business Assistance will provide funding and services to support the company’s recruitment, training and retraining activities.
You might like:
- Amazon Adding Two New Fulfillment Facilities In California
- Business Report: Illinois Leaders Form Non-Profit to Spur Job Creation
- Industry Focus: Aerospace Sector Is Flying High Again
- Data Cowboys
- Leading FDI Experts Analyze Global Trends At LiveXchange
- Kansas City Launches “Smart City” Initiative
- Chicago Celebrates Technology Startup Hub Expansion, 700 New Tech Jobs
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- Michigan Hot Dog Maker To Expand, Hire 140 Workers
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Last Chance
- Salesforce To Grow Regional HQ, Add 800 Jobs In Indiana
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- Two-Way Street
- SATA Group Building New Plant In Texas
- Insitu To Open Commercial UAS Facility At MSU