Mayor Gary Fuller has announced that Mando America Corporation (MAC), whose North American Headquarters is located in Opelika, AL will be expanding and adding an additional production line at the facility in the Northeast Opelika Industrial Park.
MAC is planning to invest an additional $24.3 million for equipment and building improvements to accommodate the new line. The company plans to hire an additional 30 employees to support the expansion. This new investment will bring MAC’s total investment in Opelika to nearly $160 million and bring their employment level to over 600.
Mayor Fuller expressed his appreciation for Mando’s continued investment in Opelika “We are extremely honored that Mando continues to invest in Opelika and grow their business here. Mando is one of Opelika’s largest employers and a valued corporate citizen in our community and we appreciate our partnership with them,” he said.
Gov. Robert Bentley added his congratulations as well,:“Mando is now one of Opelika’s largest manufacturing employers with more than 600 workers and is an asset to the area’s economy. We will be here to assist through the Alabama Department of Commerce as they continue to grow and employ Alabama citizens.”
Mando’s Opelika operations continue to produce brake corner modules, brake calipers, suspension modules and steering systems to support its customer base located throughout the U.S.
You might like:
- 1,000th Michigan Business Lands Energy Incentives
- California, Illinois, Texas Lead The Charge Toward A Modernized Power Grid
- AvePoint Expanding In Richmond And Arlington County, Virginia
- Super Bowl 50 To Generate Over $220M For San Francisco Bay Area
- Grid Stars
- Valmiera Glass To Invest $90M In Georgia
- Indiana Electrical Grid Management Firm Adding 80+ Jobs
- Sustainable Corrugated Investing $15M In Georgia
- Illinois Is Top State For LEED Green Building
- Olympus Will Build National Service Center in Bartlett, TN
- Rapid Growth Leads 2U To New Maryland HQ
- Walking the Walk: Innovation Summit
- Icy Hot
- Business Facilities LiveXchange Announces 2016 Keynote Panel
- Daimler Trucks To Invest $22.7M In SC Freightliner Facilities