Mando Expands Auto Parts Operation in Opelika, AL
Mayor Gary Fuller has announced that Mando America Corporation (MAC), whose North American Headquarters is located in Opelika, AL will be expanding and adding an additional production line at the facility in the Northeast Opelika Industrial Park.
MAC is planning to invest an additional $24.3 million for equipment and building improvements to accommodate the new line. The company plans to hire an additional 30 employees to support the expansion. This new investment will bring MAC’s total investment in Opelika to nearly $160 million and bring their employment level to over 600.
Mayor Fuller expressed his appreciation for Mando’s continued investment in Opelika “We are extremely honored that Mando continues to invest in Opelika and grow their business here. Mando is one of Opelika’s largest employers and a valued corporate citizen in our community and we appreciate our partnership with them,” he said.
Gov. Robert Bentley added his congratulations as well,:“Mando is now one of Opelika’s largest manufacturing employers with more than 600 workers and is an asset to the area’s economy. We will be here to assist through the Alabama Department of Commerce as they continue to grow and employ Alabama citizens.”
Mando’s Opelika operations continue to produce brake corner modules, brake calipers, suspension modules and steering systems to support its customer base located throughout the U.S.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open
- The Tree Pods are Coming