Mayor Gary Fuller has announced that Mando America Corporation (MAC), whose North American Headquarters is located in Opelika, AL will be expanding and adding an additional production line at the facility in the Northeast Opelika Industrial Park.
MAC is planning to invest an additional $24.3 million for equipment and building improvements to accommodate the new line. The company plans to hire an additional 30 employees to support the expansion. This new investment will bring MAC’s total investment in Opelika to nearly $160 million and bring their employment level to over 600.
Mayor Fuller expressed his appreciation for Mando’s continued investment in Opelika “We are extremely honored that Mando continues to invest in Opelika and grow their business here. Mando is one of Opelika’s largest employers and a valued corporate citizen in our community and we appreciate our partnership with them,” he said.
Gov. Robert Bentley added his congratulations as well,:“Mando is now one of Opelika’s largest manufacturing employers with more than 600 workers and is an asset to the area’s economy. We will be here to assist through the Alabama Department of Commerce as they continue to grow and employ Alabama citizens.”
Mando’s Opelika operations continue to produce brake corner modules, brake calipers, suspension modules and steering systems to support its customer base located throughout the U.S.
You might like:
- 3D Systems Expanding In Tennessee
- Amazon Adding Two New Fulfillment Facilities In California
- Business Report: Illinois Leaders Form Non-Profit to Spur Job Creation
- Industry Focus: Aerospace Sector Is Flying High Again
- Data Cowboys
- Kansas City Launches “Smart City” Initiative
- Leading FDI Experts Analyze Global Trends At LiveXchange
- Michigan Hot Dog Maker To Expand, Hire 140 Workers
- Chicago Celebrates Technology Startup Hub Expansion, 700 New Tech Jobs
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- Last Chance
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- Salesforce To Grow Regional HQ, Add 800 Jobs In Indiana
- State Focus: New York – Accelerating Biotech Innovation In The Empire State
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- SIG SAUER Moving Ammunition Manufacturing To Arkansas
- Two-Way Street