Mayor Gary Fuller has announced that Mando America Corporation (MAC), whose North American Headquarters is located in Opelika, AL will be expanding and adding an additional production line at the facility in the Northeast Opelika Industrial Park.
MAC is planning to invest an additional $24.3 million for equipment and building improvements to accommodate the new line. The company plans to hire an additional 30 employees to support the expansion. This new investment will bring MAC’s total investment in Opelika to nearly $160 million and bring their employment level to over 600.
Mayor Fuller expressed his appreciation for Mando’s continued investment in Opelika “We are extremely honored that Mando continues to invest in Opelika and grow their business here. Mando is one of Opelika’s largest employers and a valued corporate citizen in our community and we appreciate our partnership with them,” he said.
Gov. Robert Bentley added his congratulations as well,:“Mando is now one of Opelika’s largest manufacturing employers with more than 600 workers and is an asset to the area’s economy. We will be here to assist through the Alabama Department of Commerce as they continue to grow and employ Alabama citizens.”
Mando’s Opelika operations continue to produce brake corner modules, brake calipers, suspension modules and steering systems to support its customer base located throughout the U.S.
You might like:
- Thomson Reuters Expanding Texas Operations
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- State Focus – Kansas: The Sunflower State Is Blooming and Booming
- Feature Story: 2016 Economic Development Awards
- Automotive Industry Focus: Hitting On All Cylinders
- Cover Story: Global Biotech Report
- Race to a Smart Future
- DH Pace Company Expands Kansas HQ Facility
- Toyota Chooses Ann Arbor For Third U.S. Research Facility
- Heroic Efforts In California
- Water on the Brain
- Cape Coral Economic Development Office: Location Spotlight of the Week
- GM Investing Over $788M, Creating 781 Jobs In Tennessee
- Axiall, Lotte Invest $3 Billion in Louisiana Chemical Plants
- Monsanto To Invest $975M In Louisiana Expansion
- Auto Supply Manufacturer Adding 80 Jobs In Indiana
- $25 Million Pledged for Economic Development Partnership in Flint, Michigan Amid Water Crisis