Rolls-Royce Plans Second Manufacturing Facility in Virginia
British jet engine manufacturer Rolls-Royce is planning a second factory that will bring 140 more jobs to the region, Gov. Bob McDonnell’s office has announced.
The governor’s press release said the company is expected to break ground in Prince George County on a 90,000 square-foot factory late this year to make parts for Boeing and Airbus jets. The building will be adjacent to the under-construction, 180,000-square-foot disc manufacturing plant. That factory, a $170 million investment, will add 150 jobs to the region.
Rolls-Royce announced in 2007 that its Virginia complex could bring 500 jobs to the area. This is the second phase of the development. Rolls-Royce should complete construction by 2013 and have the factory operating in 2014, according to a release.
The company’s CEO James Guyette said Rolls Royce is looking to build even more at the site.
“Our vision for Crosspointe is to create a hub of advanced manufacturing innovation,” he said in the release, adding the company wanted to work with universities, government and businesses to create jobs.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open
- The Tree Pods are Coming