Ulthera Puts Global HQ in Mesa, AZ, Adds 100 jobs
Ulthera, Inc. – a global, growth-stage medical device company pioneering aesthetic and medical applications using its therapeutic ultrasound platform technology – will expand its operations to include the manufacturing of various components of its patented technology. This expansion as well as continued product development and operational growth are anticipated to create more than 100 new, high-wage jobs in Mesa, AZ and result in $1.68 million of capital investment by 2014.
Ulthera will lease a 35,000 square foot building in Mesa which will house its manufacturing facility and its new global headquarters. The Company is anticipated to move into the new facility and begin manufacturing by mid-2012.
As a result of the expansion, Ulthera will receive funding from the Arizona Competes Fund, and will potentially qualify for reimbursement from the state’s Job Training Program under the Arizona Competitiveness Package.
“Our dynamic growth over the past two years has positioned us to further develop our operational capabilities. We anticipate that adding a manufacturing arm not only will help us to expand our core capabilities at a rapid pace, but it also will benefit our bottom line,” said Matt Likens, president and CEO of Ulthera.
Likens continued, “The decision to have a Mesa-based manufacturing facility was not one we took lightly, but the collaborative effort and hard work of the ACA, the City of Mesa, and GPEC, made keeping our operations in Arizona attractive for our company and beneficial for the community.”
“Helping businesses already established in Arizona remain here, and grow their operations, is a cornerstone of the ACA’s strategy,” said Don Cardon, president and CEO of the Arizona Commerce Authority. “We know Ulthera was looking at other states and even other countries, but ultimately, Arizona’s pro-business environment and ability to deliver on its promises convinced this great company to stay in Mesa.”
“Ulthera is a welcome addition to Greater Phoenix’s growing health care cluster,” said Barry Broome, president and CEO of the Greater Phoenix Economic Council. “Supporting Cresa Partners through the due diligence process certainly opened our eyes to the number of location options technology companies have today. The City of Mesa is creating an innovative market conducive for growing companies like Ulthera.”
“We are pleased that Ulthera is expanding their corporate headquarters in Mesa,” Mayor Scott Smith said. “Ulthera’s cosmetic ultrasound procedure is provided in more than 40 countries and we are proud that they call Mesa home.”
“The expansion of Ulthera in the City of Mesa is a testament to the strong partnership and quality work of the business, the City’s Office of Economic Development, Greater Phoenix Economic Council, Cresa Partners and the Arizona Commerce Authority,” said Councilmember Dennis Kavanaugh. “We are proud to have Ulthera stay and grow their business here.”
The Ulthera System is cleared by the FDA for use as a non-invasive treatment of the face to lift the eyebrow to achieve a desired aesthetic effect. The System – which combines time-honored ultrasound imaging with focused ultrasound therapy – has been available internationally since 2008 and in the US since September 2009. More than 800 Ulthera Systems have been sold around the world and nearly 80,000 treatments have been performed using it.
The Company also is investing significantly in clinical development to qualify the System’s platform technology for additional applications.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana
- GE To Add 120 Jobs, Invest $7.4M In Iowa Manufacturing Facility