GM Investing $380 Million, Adding 1,660 Jobs at Missouri Plant
General Motors has announced plans to invest $380 million in its Wentzville, MO plant for production of an all-new Chevrolet Colorado midsize pickup, and to start a second van production shift, adding a total of 1,660 jobs.
GM plans to produce a completely redesigned, mid-size Chevrolet Colorado pickup truck in Wentzville, creating at least 1,260 jobs at the factory. The automaker also will begin a second shift of 400 workers on production of its current products, the Chevrolet Express and GMC Savanna vans, in January 2012 to meet market demand.
In total, these expansions will boost GM’s Wentzville work force from 1,400 employees to at least 3,060 once the Colorado comes online. The investments will support tooling and equipment upgrades. The current-generation Colorado will be produced in Shreveport, LA, through the 2012 model year.
Gov. Jay Nixon, Wentzville Mayor Paul Lambi and several GM executives and union leaders, including Cathy Clegg, GM’s vice president for manufacturing and labor were in attendance when the announcement was made.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open
- The Tree Pods are Coming