From the Desk of the Editor in Chief
This month, we cast our view over the horizon and bring back a front-line report on several nations aspiring to lead the competition for foreign direct investment. In a world taking uncertain steps on the path to recovery, the stakes are enormous.
Our 17th Annual Global Issue is chock full of action, from the ongoing life sciences and ICT juggernaut in Berlin to the island-wide entrepreneurial hub that is Barbados. We also paid a visit this year to the emerging economic powerhouse of South America, Brazil, now home to the world’s seventh-largest economy. The Brazilians are fueling their cars with sugar-based ethanol and their fiscal security with 4.5-percent growth.
There was even time for a side trip to Israel. Not surprisingly, Israel gets high points for durability and efficiency from our economic development gurus. This small but potent nation was cited by the IMD World Competitiveness Yearbook for having the most resilient banking system during the financial crisis.
Forgive us for a hometown slant, but without a doubt our favorite stop this month was at the 16-acre parcel in lower Manhattan that used to be known as Ground Zero.
As documented in our Snapshots sidebar, the reconstruction of the World Trade Center site is proceeding at a fever pitch. This month’s news from Pakistan gives us hope that the 10th anniversary of 9/11 will mark a joyous rebirth in the heart of New York City as well as a somber remembrance of unspeakable evil.
You might like:
- 1,000th Michigan Business Lands Energy Incentives
- California, Illinois, Texas Lead The Charge Toward A Modernized Power Grid
- AvePoint Expanding In Richmond And Arlington County, Virginia
- Super Bowl 50 To Generate Over $220M For San Francisco Bay Area
- Grid Stars
- Valmiera Glass To Invest $90M In Georgia
- Indiana Electrical Grid Management Firm Adding 80+ Jobs
- Sustainable Corrugated Investing $15M In Georgia
- Olympus Will Build National Service Center in Bartlett, TN
- Illinois Is Top State For LEED Green Building
- Rapid Growth Leads 2U To New Maryland HQ
- Icy Hot
- Walking the Walk: Innovation Summit
- Business Facilities LiveXchange Announces 2016 Keynote Panel
- Daimler Trucks To Invest $22.7M In SC Freightliner Facilities