Pinnacle Airlines Keeps HQ in Memphis, TN
Tennessee Governor Phil Bredesen and Economic and Community Development Commissioner Matt Kisber have applauded Pinnacle Airlines’ decision to enter into negotiations to lease commercial space for a new corporate headquarters in downtown Memphis. The company’s board of directors approved a letter of intent to enter into negotiations for approximately 155,000 square feet of office space in the One Commerce Square Building.
“I’m pleased Pinnacle’s management and board of directors have moved forward on creating a strong presence for the airline in Memphis today and into the future,” said Matt Kisber, commissioner, Tennessee Department of Economic and Community Development. “This announcement is the culmination of a lot of hard work and a strong partnership between the city of Memphis, Shelby County, the Memphis Chamber of Commerce and the state of Tennessee. It’s a big win for all of us.”
Pinnacle currently employs approximately 600 people in several buildings in the Nonconnah Office Park near the Memphis International Airport. A search has been underway by the company for more than a year for space to accommodate growth in the wake of Pinnacle’s acquisition of Mesaba Airlines in July 2010.
“It is our desire to keep our headquarters in Memphis, and the One Commerce Square proposal came closest to meeting our criteria,” said Philip H. Trenary, President and CEO of Pinnacle Airlines Corp. “State, county and city representatives have worked very hard to reach this point and we are appreciative of their efforts.”
Trenary says upon completion of lease negotiations, Pinnacle will occupy 12 floors in the One Commerce Square building. More than 9,000 Pinnacle employees from around the country travel to Memphis annually for training. The company provides regional air service under contract to Delta, Continental and U.S. Airways.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open