BMW Adds 600 Jobs in Spartanburg, SC
BMW Manufacturing Co., Spartanburg, SC. has announced the hiring of an additional 600 contingent associates. The need for additional workers is driven by the continued demand for the BMW X5 and X6, as well as the global launch of the new BMW X3. This will bring the total number of contract jobs announced by BMW in the past 3 months to 1,600.
“The introduction of the next-generation BMW X3, along with strong continuing global demand for the X5 and X6 is a great stimulus for our creating more jobs in our facilities here in the U.S.,” said Josef Kerscher, president of BMW Manufacturing. “It’s a wonderful feeling to know we can add another economic incentive to the region and further our commitment here in America.”
MAU Inc, BMW’s contract staffing partner, will hire for these positions. MAU will hold job fairs over the next several weeks. Qualified applicants should attend jobs fairs at the Spartanburg Community College Tyger River Campus on October 13 and October 20 from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Additionally, BMW Manufacturing Co. announced yesterday that it is implementing a new alternative fuel platform to use hydrogen fuel cells to power material handling equipment. Hydrogen fuel cell-powered forklifts, tuggers and stackers will be used in BMW’s new assembly hall that produces the new BMW X3 Sports Activity Vehicle ®.
“BMW has taken another important step to affirm our global commitment to sustainability with a project such as this in Spartanburg,” said Josef Kerscher, president of BMW Manufacturing. “There’s a clear vision and determination to reach our goal of using renewable energy as much as possible throughout the plant site.”
Initially, the hydrogen-powered material handling fleet will consist of more than 85 pieces of equipment, making it one of the largest hydrogen fuel-cell fleets in the U.S.
You might like:
- 1,000th Michigan Business Lands Energy Incentives
- California, Illinois, Texas Lead The Charge Toward A Modernized Power Grid
- AvePoint Expanding In Richmond And Arlington County, Virginia
- Super Bowl 50 To Generate Over $220M For San Francisco Bay Area
- Valmiera Glass To Invest $90M In Georgia
- Grid Stars
- Indiana Electrical Grid Management Firm Adding 80+ Jobs
- Sustainable Corrugated Investing $15M In Georgia
- Olympus Will Build National Service Center in Bartlett, TN
- Rapid Growth Leads 2U To New Maryland HQ
- Icy Hot
- Illinois Is Top State For LEED Green Building
- Megabucks Park
- Daimler Trucks To Invest $22.7M In SC Freightliner Facilities
- Business Facilities LiveXchange Announces 2016 Keynote Panel