BMW Manufacturing Co., Spartanburg, SC. has announced the hiring of an additional 600 contingent associates. The need for additional workers is driven by the continued demand for the BMW X5 and X6, as well as the global launch of the new BMW X3. This will bring the total number of contract jobs announced by BMW in the past 3 months to 1,600.
“The introduction of the next-generation BMW X3, along with strong continuing global demand for the X5 and X6 is a great stimulus for our creating more jobs in our facilities here in the U.S.,” said Josef Kerscher, president of BMW Manufacturing. “It’s a wonderful feeling to know we can add another economic incentive to the region and further our commitment here in America.”
MAU Inc, BMW’s contract staffing partner, will hire for these positions. MAU will hold job fairs over the next several weeks. Qualified applicants should attend jobs fairs at the Spartanburg Community College Tyger River Campus on October 13 and October 20 from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Additionally, BMW Manufacturing Co. announced yesterday that it is implementing a new alternative fuel platform to use hydrogen fuel cells to power material handling equipment. Hydrogen fuel cell-powered forklifts, tuggers and stackers will be used in BMW’s new assembly hall that produces the new BMW X3 Sports Activity Vehicle ®.
“BMW has taken another important step to affirm our global commitment to sustainability with a project such as this in Spartanburg,” said Josef Kerscher, president of BMW Manufacturing. “There’s a clear vision and determination to reach our goal of using renewable energy as much as possible throughout the plant site.”
Initially, the hydrogen-powered material handling fleet will consist of more than 85 pieces of equipment, making it one of the largest hydrogen fuel-cell fleets in the U.S.
You might like:
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- Thomson Reuters Expanding Texas Operations
- Data Cowboys
- Amazon.com Expanding In New Jersey
- GM Investing Over $788M, Creating 781 Jobs In Tennessee
- Airbus Expanding In Virginia
- Duo Security, Inc. Adding 300 Jobs In Michigan
- B. Braun To Add 175 Jobs In Florida
- ChartSpan Bringing 300 Jobs To South Carolina
- Cover Story: Global Biotech Report
- Allergan Breaks Ground On $200M Texas Expansion
- Texas: Tri-Agency Workforce Initiative Aims To Meet 21st Century Job Needs
- OxyChem To Invest $145M In Louisiana Expansion
- Battle of the Box
- DH Pace Company Expands Kansas HQ Facility