The South Carolina Department of Commerce and Chester County have announced that Kinro Inc., a subsidiary of Drew Industries Incorporated (NYSE: DW) will locate its new manufacturing plant in Chester County. The $978,300 investment is expected to create 125 new jobs.
“We are thrilled to move forward with our new facility in Chester County. Our market share has increased, and this new plant will help us meet growing demand from our customers. Chester County has provided us with an excellent pre-existing facility, and the positive business environment and available labor force make the area a great fit for us. We appreciate the support we have received from state and local officials,” said Jason Lippert, Kinro’s president and CEO.
The company will manufacture entry doors and windows for manufactured homes and other industries. Kinro is locating its new operation in the former Philips Products plant in Chester.
“As businesses prepare for the economic recovery, many companies continue to see the many benefits of investing in South Carolina. In fact, Drew Industries’ decision to locate its new plant in Chester County is another indication that our business-friendly climate and skilled workforce are working to attract new investment and create opportunities for South Carolinians in both our rural and urban communities. We welcome Drew Industries to our state’s business community and wish them success in their endeavors here,” said Joe Taylor, Secretary of Commerce.
“We wish to thank Drew Industries for their vote of confidence in Chester County with the location of their door and window manufacturing operation here. We are confident that Drew Industries has found an excellent environment for growth here and a workforce that is ready, able and willing to go to work to make them successful! We continue to be focused on creating new and better paying job opportunities for the citizens of Chester County,” said County Supervisor R. Carlisle Roddey.
“Drew Industries’ commitment to create 125 new jobs in Chester County is just what the doctor ordered. Chester has a wonderful team working to bring industry to the county and I feel this is the tip of the iceberg. I hope, and I believe, more is to come,” said state Sen. Creighton Coleman.
The company expects to begin hiring for the positions now and continue hiring over the next 12 months. Anyone interested in job opportunities with the company should contact the Chester Workforce Center at 803-377-8147.
Drew, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, Kinro and Lippert Components, supplies a broad array of components for RVs and manufactured homes, including windows, doors, chassis, chassis parts, bath and shower units, axles and upholstered furniture. In addition, Drew manufactures slide-out mechanisms for RVs and trailers primarily for hauling boats.
You might like:
- 3D Systems Expanding In Tennessee
- Amazon Adding Two New Fulfillment Facilities In California
- Business Report: Illinois Leaders Form Non-Profit to Spur Job Creation
- Industry Focus: Aerospace Sector Is Flying High Again
- Data Cowboys
- Kansas City Launches “Smart City” Initiative
- Leading FDI Experts Analyze Global Trends At LiveXchange
- Michigan Hot Dog Maker To Expand, Hire 140 Workers
- Chicago Celebrates Technology Startup Hub Expansion, 700 New Tech Jobs
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- Last Chance
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- Salesforce To Grow Regional HQ, Add 800 Jobs In Indiana
- State Focus: New York – Accelerating Biotech Innovation In The Empire State
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- Two-Way Street
- SIG SAUER Moving Ammunition Manufacturing To Arkansas