Drew Industries Plans New Plant in Chester County, SC
The South Carolina Department of Commerce and Chester County have announced that Kinro Inc., a subsidiary of Drew Industries Incorporated (NYSE: DW) will locate its new manufacturing plant in Chester County. The $978,300 investment is expected to create 125 new jobs.
“We are thrilled to move forward with our new facility in Chester County. Our market share has increased, and this new plant will help us meet growing demand from our customers. Chester County has provided us with an excellent pre-existing facility, and the positive business environment and available labor force make the area a great fit for us. We appreciate the support we have received from state and local officials,” said Jason Lippert, Kinro’s president and CEO.
The company will manufacture entry doors and windows for manufactured homes and other industries. Kinro is locating its new operation in the former Philips Products plant in Chester.
“As businesses prepare for the economic recovery, many companies continue to see the many benefits of investing in South Carolina. In fact, Drew Industries’ decision to locate its new plant in Chester County is another indication that our business-friendly climate and skilled workforce are working to attract new investment and create opportunities for South Carolinians in both our rural and urban communities. We welcome Drew Industries to our state’s business community and wish them success in their endeavors here,” said Joe Taylor, Secretary of Commerce.
“We wish to thank Drew Industries for their vote of confidence in Chester County with the location of their door and window manufacturing operation here. We are confident that Drew Industries has found an excellent environment for growth here and a workforce that is ready, able and willing to go to work to make them successful! We continue to be focused on creating new and better paying job opportunities for the citizens of Chester County,” said County Supervisor R. Carlisle Roddey.
“Drew Industries’ commitment to create 125 new jobs in Chester County is just what the doctor ordered. Chester has a wonderful team working to bring industry to the county and I feel this is the tip of the iceberg. I hope, and I believe, more is to come,” said state Sen. Creighton Coleman.
The company expects to begin hiring for the positions now and continue hiring over the next 12 months. Anyone interested in job opportunities with the company should contact the Chester Workforce Center at 803-377-8147.
Drew, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, Kinro and Lippert Components, supplies a broad array of components for RVs and manufactured homes, including windows, doors, chassis, chassis parts, bath and shower units, axles and upholstered furniture. In addition, Drew manufactures slide-out mechanisms for RVs and trailers primarily for hauling boats.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open
- The Tree Pods are Coming