Chandra Puts Cable Plant in Kentucky
The India-based company is investing $32 million in a copper cable manufacturing facility in Morgantown.
Gov. Steve Beshear of Kentucky, Cabinet for Economic Development representatives, and officials in Butler County have announced India-based Chandra Proteco Ltd. will start up a manufacturing operation in Morgantown under the name Kentucky Copper Inc.
The new company will create 106 new jobs and invest nearly $32 million in the Commonwealth.
“The start-up of Kentucky Copper in Morgantown will create more than 100 direct jobs and a tremendous economic boost for not only Butler County, but for all of south central Kentucky,” said Gov. Beshear. “Kentucky is proud to partner with Chandra Proteco on this new investment and will continue to work with the company to establish and grow its operations in the Commonwealth.”
Chandra Group has been in the field of copper and copper cable business for more than 40 years, and specializes in transposed cable and railway cables for traction. With more than 500 employees in India, the company’s facilities are spread over India, Europe, Africa and China.
“We are delighted to bring the extensive experience of our parent company, Chandra Copper, to Kentucky along with a commitment to be an active part of the community and the Commonwealth of Kentucky,” said Mukul Gupta, president of Kentucky Copper.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open
- The Tree Pods are Coming