Owens Corning Expands in N. Memphis
The company is investing $22 million in its Tennessee laminates facility.
Owens Corning is investing $22 million in an expansion of its North Memphis, TN, facility. The site currently produces residential and commercial roofing strip shingles, and employs 92 people.
The investment will create 15 new jobs, and allow Owens Corning to expand the site’s manufacturing capability to include aesthetically pleasing, higher-style laminates. Company officials said the expansion will be completed early next year, at which time its Memphis site will produce Owens Corning’s Classic, Supreme, Oakridge, Duration and Duration Premium shingles.
The company announced the expansion in coordination with the Greater Memphis Chamber and the State of Tennessee.
Owens Corning is a leading global producer of residential and commercial building materials, glass-fiber reinforcements and engineered materials for composite systems. A Fortune 500 Company for 55 consecutive years, Owens Corning is committed to driving sustainability by delivering solutions, transforming markets and enhancing lives.
Founded in 1938, Owens Corning is a market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology with sales of $6 billion in 2008 and about 16,000 employees in 30 countries on five continents.
You might like:
- Mary Kay Chooses Lewisville, TX For New Global Manufacturing, R&D Operations
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- GE To Add 120 Jobs, Invest $7.4M In Iowa Manufacturing Facility
- Shell Chemical To Invest $717M In Louisiana Olefins Expansion
- General Cable Industries Relocating Operations To Lawrenceburg, KY
- State Focus: Texas Diversity
- Michigan Incentives and Workforce Development Guide
- Talent, Technology Emerging Keys To Manufacturing Investment
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track