From the Desk of the Editor in Chief
This month, our annual progress report on green building is brimming with tangible evidence that sustainable development today has become synonymous with economic development. Meaning you can’t have one without the other.
It is epitomized by the breathtaking dream of the developers of Destiny, FL, which breaks ground in 2011. These visionaries intend to build a brand-new “eco-sustainable” city of 200,000 that grows its own biofuels and provides high-paying “green jobs” for its residents.
Our cover feature also reveals that a consensus is emerging among experts who believe that sustainable development is the only sure-fire path to economic recovery in these trying fiscal times.
Companies that embrace environmental stewardship are being rewarded in the battered financial markets; green jobs, energy efficiency, and sustainable development are the common threads in ongoing stimulus efforts.
The message is simple: a greener economy yields sustainable growth. Let’s all make sure this recovery is built to last.
You might like:
- Amazon Adding Two New Fulfillment Facilities In California
- Business Report: Illinois Leaders Form Non-Profit to Spur Job Creation
- Industry Focus: Aerospace Sector Is Flying High Again
- Data Cowboys
- Leading FDI Experts Analyze Global Trends At LiveXchange
- Kansas City Launches “Smart City” Initiative
- Chicago Celebrates Technology Startup Hub Expansion, 700 New Tech Jobs
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- Michigan Hot Dog Maker To Expand, Hire 140 Workers
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Last Chance
- Salesforce To Grow Regional HQ, Add 800 Jobs In Indiana
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- Two-Way Street
- SATA Group Building New Plant In Texas
- Insitu To Open Commercial UAS Facility At MSU