Yesterday, I received a press release from the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) announcing the new certification bodies for the LEED Green Building Rating System. These organizations are:
- ABS Quality Evaluations, Inc.
- BSI Management Systems American, Inc.
- Bureau Veritas North America, Inc.
- DNV Certification
- KEMA-Registered Quality, Inc.
- Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance, Inc.
- NSF-International Strategic Registrations
- SRI Quality System Registrar, Inc.
- Underwriters Laboratories-DQS, Inc.
This evolution in the certification process is part of a major update to the technical rating system which will debut in January 2009. Currently, all LEED project submissions are assessed by the USGBC and a panel of independently contracted reviewers. But the addition of the above certification bodies has ushered in a new, improved means of awarding green standards that is able to grow with the enviro-friendly movement.
Speaking of this said movement, I read a recent article online that discussed how ‘going green’ is turning into a fading trend in the United States. Some environmentalists warned that all of the eco-minded ad campaigns, media coverage, documentaries etc. would inundate the public consciousness in a good way, but eventually may “go out of style.” Are we really as fickle about important issues (i.e., global warming) as we are about, say a tacky fashion trend or a pop song?
You might like:
- 3D Systems Expanding In Tennessee
- Amazon Adding Two New Fulfillment Facilities In California
- Business Report: Illinois Leaders Form Non-Profit to Spur Job Creation
- Industry Focus: Aerospace Sector Is Flying High Again
- Kansas City Launches “Smart City” Initiative
- Data Cowboys
- Leading FDI Experts Analyze Global Trends At LiveXchange
- Michigan Hot Dog Maker To Expand, Hire 140 Workers
- Last Chance
- Chicago Celebrates Technology Startup Hub Expansion, 700 New Tech Jobs
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- State Focus: New York – Accelerating Biotech Innovation In The Empire State
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- SIG SAUER Moving Ammunition Manufacturing To Arkansas
- Salesforce To Grow Regional HQ, Add 800 Jobs In Indiana
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- Two-Way Street