The Magazine is Just the Beginning
From the Desk of the Editor in Chief
One of the most fun parts of my job is thinking of—and then putting into action—new ways of conveying information to our readers. There are a lot more ways to do this today than there were throughout most of the history of publishing, thanks to the Internet.
For example, right now I’m working on recording a webcast with Dennis Donovan, Principal at Wadley-Donovan-Gutshaw Consulting and a big name in corporate relocation/expansion advice. Dennis was a speaker at our LiveXchange conference last year (and the year before that, too), and I wanted to give readers a taste of what his workshop was like during the event. We’ve already tried podcasting some of our content, but this time we’re going one level higher by adding the slides Dennis used during his presentation. The audio is synchronized to the slides and takes the form of a conversation between me and Dennis. It should be up and running on www.BusinessFacilities.com by the time you read this.
We’ve also been unrolling a new and improved Online Site Seekers’ Guide that includes not only contact information for economic developers around the world, but also enhanced location information for participating states, cities, and utilities.
Of course, our ultimate communications vehicle, outside of the magazine itself, is the event we pioneered in 2005: Business Facilities LiveXchange. Is it for you? Check out the attendee testimonial video on the event’s homepage, www.BFLiveXchange.com, and decide for yourself
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana
- GE To Add 120 Jobs, Invest $7.4M In Iowa Manufacturing Facility