From the Desk of the Editor in Chief
One of the most fun parts of my job is thinking of—and then putting into action—new ways of conveying information to our readers. There are a lot more ways to do this today than there were throughout most of the history of publishing, thanks to the Internet.
For example, right now I’m working on recording a webcast with Dennis Donovan, Principal at Wadley-Donovan-Gutshaw Consulting and a big name in corporate relocation/expansion advice. Dennis was a speaker at our LiveXchange conference last year (and the year before that, too), and I wanted to give readers a taste of what his workshop was like during the event. We’ve already tried podcasting some of our content, but this time we’re going one level higher by adding the slides Dennis used during his presentation. The audio is synchronized to the slides and takes the form of a conversation between me and Dennis. It should be up and running on www.BusinessFacilities.com by the time you read this.
We’ve also been unrolling a new and improved Online Site Seekers’ Guide that includes not only contact information for economic developers around the world, but also enhanced location information for participating states, cities, and utilities.
Of course, our ultimate communications vehicle, outside of the magazine itself, is the event we pioneered in 2005: Business Facilities LiveXchange. Is it for you? Check out the attendee testimonial video on the event’s homepage, www.BFLiveXchange.com, and decide for yourself
You might like:
- 3D Systems Expanding In Tennessee
- Amazon Adding Two New Fulfillment Facilities In California
- Business Report: Illinois Leaders Form Non-Profit to Spur Job Creation
- Industry Focus: Aerospace Sector Is Flying High Again
- Data Cowboys
- Kansas City Launches “Smart City” Initiative
- Leading FDI Experts Analyze Global Trends At LiveXchange
- Chicago Celebrates Technology Startup Hub Expansion, 700 New Tech Jobs
- Michigan Hot Dog Maker To Expand, Hire 140 Workers
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- Last Chance
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- Salesforce To Grow Regional HQ, Add 800 Jobs In Indiana
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- State Focus: New York – Accelerating Biotech Innovation In The Empire State
- Two-Way Street
- TeamHealth Expanding In Knoxville, TN