Call For Entries
Business Facilities’ 2023 Deal of the Year Awards
Submissions are now being accepted for Business Facilities’ Deal of the Year Awards, an annual recognition that showcases innovative and impactful economic development projects. The deadline for submissions is Monday, December 11, 2023. The awards will be announced in January 2024, and the winners will be featured prominently in the January/February 2024 issue of Business Facilities.
Editors present a Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Bronze award to the highest, second-highest, third-highest, and fourth-highest rated entries, respectively. In addition, the Impact Awards recognize project investments that will have significant impact through a relocation or expansion, focusing on a specific aspect of the project.
ELIGIBILITY AND DETAILS
Any organization with an economic development mission limited to a defined city, state, or region is invited to submit an entry. Entries from both U.S. locations and locations outside the U.S. are welcome (entries must be presented in English). Each organization may submit up to three (3) economic development deals for consideration (a separate entry fee is required for each submission). An economic development deal is defined for this purpose as any one of the following:
- A project or effort that resulted in the relocation/expansion of a company to a location served by the entering organization;
- A project or effort that resulted in the expansion of a company already within the territory served by the entering organization;
- A project or effort that resulted in the demonstrable retention of a company that would have otherwise left, in whole or in part, the territory served by the entering organization;
- Any combination of the above.
- A “company” may be any organization, whether public or private, for-profit or not-for-profit, whose presence creates jobs, increases the tax base, and otherwise stimulates the local economy.
To qualify for entry, the company must have announced its final decision to relocate, expand, or stay put no earlier than September 1, 2022.
Business Facilities editors reserve the right to a) divide the entries into categories should we deem it appropriate, based on the number and quality of entries, and b) present no award in any given category or level of award, based on the quality of entries and feedback from the judges. Check out last year’s winners at these following links: Platinum Award; Gold Award; Silver Award; Bronze Award; and the Impact Awards.
If you have questions about whether a particular project or effort qualifies for entry into this awards program, please contact Anne Cosgrove, Editorial Director of Business Facilities, by calling 908-433-3434. Or, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ENTRY FEE & PAYMENT PROCESS
An entry fee of $75 is required before an entry is submitted to the judging panel. The fee can be paid online; after you Submit your entry, you will be taken to a page where you can click to access the online payment form.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Please complete all pages of this entry form and check for errors.
- Attach a copy of the entry narrative as detailed in Scoring, Part 2 of this form.
- Provide your entry fee via the online form found on the next page, after you submit your entry. If you prefer to pay by check, send an email to Anne Cosgrove, Editorial Director.
2023 Deal Of The Year
"*" indicates required fields