Chandler, AZ: Community Of Innovation
The City of Chandler, has a rich history in high-tech manufacturing and development that dates back more than 50 years. Over the decades, the community has become a popular base of operations for global industry leaders and their suppliers. In fact, there are nearly 270 manufacturing companies operating in Chandler. Together, these manufacturers employ more than 26,000 workers in Chandler, representing 20% of all jobs in the city.
The thriving high-tech manufacturing cluster has recently seen several companies reinvest, while others have chosen to establish new operations in Chandler. Here is a list of just some of these noteworthy announcements:
- Yield Engineering Systems (YES), a leading provider of technology solutions and process equipment for the semiconductor ecosystem and applications, recently opened a new 123,000-square-foot advanced technology center in Chandler.
- EMD Electronics, the North American Electronics business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, made a $28 million investment to open a new 75,000-square-foot facility in Chandler that manufactures equipment for its Delivery Systems & Services (DS&S) business.
- Edwards Vacuum, the leading supplier of vacuum and abatement services and solutions to the global semiconductor industry, invested in a new state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Chandler. The 200,000-square-foot facility will leverage the latest manufacturing and digital technologies to support the fast-growing North American semiconductor market with services and solutions for the efficient and environmentally sustainable production of chips.
- Northrop Grumman, an industry leader in the development and production of missile defense systems, has been operating in Chandler since the 1980s. Recently, the company moved into a new 633,000-square-foot, build-to-suit campus on the Price Corridor that serves as the Launch Vehicles Division Headquarters.
- Intel is currently building two new leading-edge chip factories at its Ocotillo Campus in Chandler. The new factories represent a $20 billion investment, will support growing demand for Intel’s products and provide committed capacity for Intel Foundry Services customers.
Other companies with sizable operations in Chandler, AZ include: Advantest, Applied Materials, Arm, ASML, Avnet, Isola, Microchip Technology, NXP Semiconductors, Rogers Corporation and VIAVI.
Visit chandleraz.gov/ed for more information.