Newark’s vibrant business climate offers many advantages. Our strategic location and transportation infrastructure are second to none, and we offer prime real estate at highly affordable rates. The easy regional commute allows companies to actively recruit and maintain highly trained and educated employees from the New York metropolitan area. Our six colleges and universities, as well as our workforce training programs, keep the labor force pipeline well-primed with smart, motivated people.
- Newark is the region’s leading transportation hub and just 13 miles west of New York City.
- Prime real estate is half the cost of neighboring Manhattan.
- There are more than 10,000 businesses here, including over 50 Fortune 500 companies.
- Six colleges and universities in the city and twenty four within a 20 mile radius, as well as numerous training programs, provide a highly-skilled workforce.
- Broadband superiority comes via Newark’s major fiber optics hub.
- Newark’s insurance industry is the third largest in North America.
- Our thriving tech community is nourished by an Innovation Zone and NJIT’s Enterprise Development Center.
- Newark’s large population of multi-cultural business people offer existing networks in important emerging markets.