Incorporated in 1949, Hoosier Energy is a Rural Electric Cooperative (REC) whose electric generation plants provide energy solutions to central and southern Indiana. Hoosier Energy serves as the wholesale power provider for virtually every county south of I-70, providing reliable, abundant and affordable electricity to industrial, commercial and residential consumers.
Community and Economic Development
Consider enhancing the cost-effectiveness of your business in a low cost housing and real estate territory situated in the Midwest, with a cost of living 25% below the national average. Indiana offers a steady housing market, without housing bubbles or huge value drops. Indiana counties offer among the lowest real estate expenses in the region, while still remaining within easy reach of large and small communities. For a detailed exploration on this topic, click here.
The beauty of our peaceful Indiana counties speaks for itself, with quaint communities and small cities tucked between beautiful countryside, offering ideal locations for a variety of businesses, from small community shops, large industrial factories, expansive golf courses, agricultural businesses, science and technology parks, and everything in between.
Honda Automotive, DOT Foods, Cooper Tire, SAIC and many more companies have significant presences on rural electric cooperative lines in Indiana, providing millions of jobs to the our talented pool of highly trained local citizens. Click here.
Access to health care is a prime consideration for any business. Indiana offers scores of hospitals, emergency facilities and healthcare providers, whose physicians serve as an information hub concerning personal fitness, nutrition and wellness. Learn more by clicking here and here.
Hoosier Energy offers its clients abundant, affordable energy from an established, reliable, well-maintained resource, with key account executives who regularly call upon industrial and commercial customers to discuss improved power use. Additional services provided to local economic development professionals in the region include:
- education and professional development
- strategic planning
- marketing and promotion
- aerial photography
Quality of Life
With over 50 state parks, 30 local wineries and 80 farmers’ markets throughout Indiana counties, the Hoosier Energy service territory provides access to vast recreational and cultural resources. Some of the many events and attractions available in and around our service territory include:
- The Oliver Winery in Bloomington (largest winery in Indiana)
- The home of T.C. Steele, featuring more than 70 original paintings
- An Indiana wine trail that spans 8 varied wineries
- A yearly Performing Arts Series featuring free musical and theatrical performances throughout Bloomington
- Taste of Bloomington festival: a combination of superb local restaurants and fresh local talent
- Downtown gallery walks on the first Friday of each month in Bloomington
- Indiana University basketball games and other college sporting events
- Local publishing houses, including the IU Press, Authorhouse and Patiamole Books
- Colts and Pacers games
- Lakes Monroe and Patoka
- The Columbus, Indiana architectural tour