Welcome and thank you for your interest in Harnett County.
- Located between Fort Bragg (Fayetteville) and Raleigh and the RTP.
- Harnett County (Dunn, NC) is the 5th fastest growing micro area from April 2010 to July 2011. Areas with the largest numeric increase ranked Dunn, NC number 1 with an increase of 4,578 persons. Harnett County is the second fastest growing county at 4% in the state behind Hoke County at 4.9%. http://www.census.gov/newsroom/releases/archives/population/cb12-55.html
- Harnett County is a major water provider to 7 surrounding counties and towns as well as throughout Harnett County. The county covers 601 square miles, 595 square miles are land and 6 square miles are water.
- Member of Research Triangle Regional Partnership and closely associated with RTP and the NC University system campuses.
- Harnett County industries draw their workforce from 7 surrounding counties as well as Harnett County.
- County workforce influenced by large number of workers who have served in the military and either exited or retired in our communities and adjoining communities.
- Strong work ethic from our agrarian background and agriculture remains our top industry in the county.
- Great recreational opportunities within the county and cultural options abound in the Raleigh area that is so close by. We enjoy a lovely setting to live in and have tremendous options nearby.
- We believe in teamwork, take pride in our work and produce top quality products in our manufacturing industries as well as service and distribution industries.
Thank you for your visit. Let us know how we can help you join our neighborhood.