Economic Development Deal of the Year
Submissions for 2013 are now closed. The awards will be announced in January 2014, and the winners will be featured prominently in the January/February 2014 issue ofÂ Business Facilities. All subsequent submissions will be held for consideration next year.
Any organization with an economic development mission limited to a defined city, state, or region is invited to submit an entry. Entries from both U.S. locations and locations outside the U.S. are welcome (entries must be presented in English, however).
Each organization may submit up to three Economic Development Deals for consideration (a separate entry fee is required for each submission). An Economic Development Deal is defined for this purpose as any one of the following:
- A project or effort that resulted in the relocation/expansion of a company to a location served by the entering organization;
- A project or effort that resulted in the expansion of a company already within the territory served by the entering organization;
- A project or effort that resulted in the demonstrable retention of a company that would have otherwise left, in whole or in part, the territory served by the entering organization;
- Any combination of the above.
- A â€˜companyâ€™ may be any organization, whether public or private, for-profit or not-for-profit, whose presence creates jobs, increases the tax base, and otherwise stimulates the local economy. To qualify for entry, the company must have announced its final decision to relocate, expand, or stay put no earlier than July 1, 2013.
We will present a Gold, Silver, and Bronze award to the highest, second-highest, and third-highest rated entries, respectively.Â Business FacilitiesÂ editors reserve the right to a) divide the entries into categories should we deem it appropriate, based on the number and quality of entries, and b) present no award in any given category or level of award, based on the quality of entries and feedback from the judges.
If you have questions about whether a particular project or effort qualifies for entry into this awards program, please contact the Editor in Chief ofÂ Business FacilitiesÂ at 800-524-0337, ext. 290
(international: +1 732 559-1267), orÂ email@example.com.
An entry fee of $50 is required before we submit your entry to ourÂ judging panel.
The fee can be paid by check addressed to:
Attn: Lyle Connor
Group C Media, Inc.
44 Apple St., Suite 3
Tinton Falls, NJ 07724, USA
Please note in the memo field â€˜Business Facilities 2014 Awards Entry Feeâ€™ â€” and be sure to include a noteÂ indicating which entering organization the payment is coming from if the organization name on the check differsÂ from the organization name given in this entry form.
Credit card payments can be processed by first calling or e-mailing Lyle Connor at 800-524-0337, ext. 203Â (international: +1 732-842-7433, ext. 203) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please complete all pages of this entry form and check for errors.
- Attach a copy of the entry narrative as detailed in Scoring, Part 2 of this form.
- Provide your entry fee either as a check or as credit card information (see above).