Download Arizona’s Economy Mobile App, by University of Arizona Eller College of Management, Economic and Business Research Center
The app is free and available now in the iTunes Store and Android Marketplace.
INCENTIVE, LABOR & TAX INFO
Arizona Commerce Authority
Arizona Dept of Administration Population Statistics
Arizona Dept of Administration Labor Statistics
Bureau of Labor Statistics
Arizona Department of Revenue
IRS Tribal Tax Information
UTILITIES & SERVICES SERVING AK-CHIN
Ak-Chin Energy Services (ACES)
Southwest Gas Corporation
Water & Sewer
Ak-Chin Water Department
Ak-Chin Sanitation Department
The Ak-Chin Community provides fire and police protection throughout the Reservation.
Ak-Chin Fire Department
Ak-Chin Police Department
The State of Arizona offers a number of incentives programs and grants.
Visit the Arizona Commerce Authority (link to: www.azcommerce.com/) for a complete description.
- Arizona Gold Certified Site | Our status as a certified shovel-ready site means Santa Cruz Commerce Center is immediately prepared to host new projects. Having completed the requisite pre-development work, satisfying all permitting criteria, and having utilities and other services available at the site as well as the Community’s unique ability to accelerate permitting and construction approvals, Ak-Chin can speed your project to market faster than most municipalities.
- Arizona Innovation Accelerator Fund | $18.2 million loan participation program to stimulate financing to small businesses and manufacturers, in collaboration with private finance partners, to foster business expansion and job creation in Arizona.
- Arizona Innovation Challenge | $3 million awarded annually to the most promising technology ventures ($100,000 – $250,000 per company) to help promote and fund Arizona innovation.
- AZ Fast Grant | Up to $7,500 grant to pay for consulting services to advance Arizona-based technology companies.
- AZ State Trade & Export Promotion Program (STEP) | Export assistance grant for small businesses as they export their products for the first time or expand to additional export markets.
- Qualified Facility Tax Credits | Refundable income tax credit for a manufacturing facility or a manufacturing-related research or headquarter facility.
- Research & Development Tax Credit | Income tax credit for investing in R&D in Arizona.
- Computer Data Center (CDC) Tax Exemptions | Tax relief on purchases of CDC equipment for qualifying CDC owners, operators and co-location tenants certified by the Arizona Commerce Authority.
- Renewable Energy Production Tax Credit | Income tax credit awarded to utility-scale generation systems based on the amount of electricity produced annually for a 10-year period using solar light, solar heat, wind or certain types of biomass.
- Commercial/Industrial Solar Tax Credit | Income tax credit for companies installing a solar energy device at an Arizona facility–10% of the installed cost not to exceed $25,000 in credits for one building in a single tax year and $50,000 total credits per business per tax year.
- Renewable Energy Tax Incentive | Refundable income tax credits and property tax reductions for companies engaged in the solar, wind, geothermal and other renewable energy (RE) industries when the facility is for RE manufacturing or RE headquarters operations.
- Quality Jobs Program | $9,000 of Arizona income or premium tax credits spread over three years for each net new quality job.
- Job Training Program | A job-specific reimbursable grant program that supports the design and delivery of customized training plans for employers creating new jobs or increasing skills and wage levels of current employees.
Some state discounts do not apply on Indian Reservations. Please consult with your tax advisor or you may find more information at this IRS link.
To find out more about incentives offered by state, federal and other agencies visit the Arizona Commerce Authority.