UTILITIES & SERVICES SERVING AK-CHIN
Ak-Chin Energy Services (ACES)
Southwest Gas Corporation
Water & Sewer
Ak-Chin Water Department
Ak-Chin Sanitation Department
The Ak-Chin Community provides fire and police protection throughout the Reservation.
Ak-Chin Fire Department
Ak-Chin Police Department
The Ak-Chin Indian Community offers unparalleled advantages to tenants at Santa Cruz Commerce Center (SCCC):
LOW LEASE RATES
- The base lease rate in the Mesquite Building (the office/warehouse complex recently constructed by the Community at SCCC) runs about 20% below current base leases in the City of Maricopa.
- Land lease prices are competitive with rural areas adjacent to Casa Grande, Stanfield, and Eloy, and SCCC offers a better location.
- With a build-to-suit option, monthly lease rates are lower because building and tenant improvement costs are amortized over a longer lease period than with traditional financing.
- No property tax on commercial and industrial
- No City of Maricopa tax
- No Pinal County tax
- No construction sales tax
- No taxes on leases from the Community
- Arizona sales tax is waived for certain transactions conducted on the Reservation.
Please consult your tax advisor regarding the applicability to your particular business.
- Ak-Chin owns and establishes its own rates for the majority of utility services, except telecommunications and natural gas
- Ak-Chin Energy Services (ACES) offers rates that average 20-27% below electric utilities that serve surrounding communities
- Ak-Chin Water & Sewer offers rates approximately 15 – 20% below City rates
- Ak-Chin does not charge for trash services
- Ak-Chin provides its own public safety services including fire and police
RESPONSIVE PROPERTY OVERSIGHT
- The Ak-Chin Industrial Park Board, which is responsible for the development, operation and management of the Santa Cruz Commerce Center, Ak-Chin Regional Airport (formerly Phoenix Regional Airport ) and an interstitial property know as the “Bunger Property,” is committed to being a one-stop resource for tenant needs.
- To simplify matters for tenants, the Board facilitates the processes for planning and zoning, architecture and construction, and building permitting and signage within the Community on behalf of the tenant.
- All negotiations and approvals are handled in-house.
- As promised, the Mesquite Building, the office-warehouse suites complex, was constructed on time and fully leased within one year.
THE ADVANTAGES OF LOCATING IN ARIZONA
The State of Arizona offers a number of incentives programs and grants. The new Competitiveness Package (HB2001) provides the most comprehensive economic development legislation seen in Arizona for decades. Among the many new features and incentives, this package allows businesses to:
- Earn income tax credits up to $9,000 for each new job under the Quality Jobs Program
- Obtain renewable energy income tax credits and property tax reductions
- Receive up to $1.5 million in reimbursable grants to train employees
- Leverage up to a 34% research and development tax credit
- Take advantage of Arizona’s 100% electable sales factor for multi-state corporations
- Benefit from a 30% reduction in Arizona’s corporate income tax rate
- Capitalize on Arizona’s reduced commercial property assessment ratio – 18% by 2017
- Improve your bottom line by a 15% increase in personal property exemptions
Some state discounts do not apply on Indian Reservations. Please consult with your tax advisor or you may find more information at this IRS link.
To find out more about incentives offered by state, federal and other agencies visit the Arizona Commerce Authority.