The largest jobs commitment from a Chinese-owned company in Tennessee’s history will come from Sinomax Group’s new manufacturing operations in La Vergne. The foam products manufacturer and distributor will invest $28 million and create 350 jobs in Davidson County.
“We are thrilled to open our first U.S. manufacturing facility in the state of Tennessee,” said President and CEO of Sinomax USA Frank Chen. “Through our new facility in La Vergne, we will be able to better serve our North American customers with our diverse offerings of high quality foam bedding products. We anticipate significant growth as demand for localized manufacturing continues.
“We chose the Nashville area for its pro-business environment, its talented workforce and its welcoming spirit,” continued Chen. “We look forward to creating a world-class facility and contributing to this community. We want to thank the Tennessee Department of Economic and Community Development, Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce, TVA as well as all of our private and public sector partners for making this project a reality.”
Sinomax has been designing and manufacturing high quality memory foam products, including mattresses, mattress toppers and pillows, for over 15 years. The company’s products are sold at many retailers throughout the U.S. under various national and private label brands.
The new 505,000-square-foot facility will function as a manufacturing facility for the production of Sinomax’s various foam products. With this facility, the company will be able to more efficiently reach North American markets. Sinomax will renovate a former Whirlpool site with plans to be operational in June 2016. Renovations will turn the site into a state-of-the-art automated pour and fabrication facility.
“This is the second major investment by a Chinese company in as many weeks and we are excited to have Sinomax invest in our state,” said Tennessee Economic and Community Development Commissioner Randy Boyd. “It is always great news when a company like Sinomax, with such a prominent international market position, decides to open new operations in Tennessee. I want to thank Sinomax for creating jobs in La Vergne and I look forward to the company’s success and growth in Tennessee.”
Related articles across the web
You might like:
- 1,000th Michigan Business Lands Energy Incentives
- California, Illinois, Texas Lead The Charge Toward A Modernized Power Grid
- AvePoint Expanding In Richmond And Arlington County, Virginia
- Super Bowl 50 To Generate Over $220M For San Francisco Bay Area
- Grid Stars
- Valmiera Glass To Invest $90M In Georgia
- Indiana Electrical Grid Management Firm Adding 80+ Jobs
- Sustainable Corrugated Investing $15M In Georgia
- Olympus Will Build National Service Center in Bartlett, TN
- Rapid Growth Leads 2U To New Maryland HQ
- Illinois Is Top State For LEED Green Building
- Icy Hot
- Walking the Walk: Innovation Summit
- Business Facilities LiveXchange Announces 2016 Keynote Panel
- Daimler Trucks To Invest $22.7M In SC Freightliner Facilities