The largest jobs commitment from a Chinese-owned company in Tennessee’s history will come from Sinomax Group’s new manufacturing operations in La Vergne. The foam products manufacturer and distributor will invest $28 million and create 350 jobs in Davidson County.
“We are thrilled to open our first U.S. manufacturing facility in the state of Tennessee,” said President and CEO of Sinomax USA Frank Chen. “Through our new facility in La Vergne, we will be able to better serve our North American customers with our diverse offerings of high quality foam bedding products. We anticipate significant growth as demand for localized manufacturing continues.
“We chose the Nashville area for its pro-business environment, its talented workforce and its welcoming spirit,” continued Chen. “We look forward to creating a world-class facility and contributing to this community. We want to thank the Tennessee Department of Economic and Community Development, Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce, TVA as well as all of our private and public sector partners for making this project a reality.”
Sinomax has been designing and manufacturing high quality memory foam products, including mattresses, mattress toppers and pillows, for over 15 years. The company’s products are sold at many retailers throughout the U.S. under various national and private label brands.
The new 505,000-square-foot facility will function as a manufacturing facility for the production of Sinomax’s various foam products. With this facility, the company will be able to more efficiently reach North American markets. Sinomax will renovate a former Whirlpool site with plans to be operational in June 2016. Renovations will turn the site into a state-of-the-art automated pour and fabrication facility.
“This is the second major investment by a Chinese company in as many weeks and we are excited to have Sinomax invest in our state,” said Tennessee Economic and Community Development Commissioner Randy Boyd. “It is always great news when a company like Sinomax, with such a prominent international market position, decides to open new operations in Tennessee. I want to thank Sinomax for creating jobs in La Vergne and I look forward to the company’s success and growth in Tennessee.”
Related articles across the web
You might like:
- 3D Systems Expanding In Tennessee
- Amazon Adding Two New Fulfillment Facilities In California
- Business Report: Illinois Leaders Form Non-Profit to Spur Job Creation
- Industry Focus: Aerospace Sector Is Flying High Again
- Kansas City Launches “Smart City” Initiative
- Data Cowboys
- Leading FDI Experts Analyze Global Trends At LiveXchange
- Michigan Hot Dog Maker To Expand, Hire 140 Workers
- Last Chance
- Chicago Celebrates Technology Startup Hub Expansion, 700 New Tech Jobs
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- State Focus: New York – Accelerating Biotech Innovation In The Empire State
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- SIG SAUER Moving Ammunition Manufacturing To Arkansas
- Salesforce To Grow Regional HQ, Add 800 Jobs In Indiana
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- Two-Way Street