TTI Floor Care North America To Expand Cookeville, TN Operations
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam and Economic and Community Development Commissioner Bill Hagerty along with TTI Floor Care North America officials have announced the company will invest in its Cookeville facility by adding additional manufacturing capacity to introduce new product lines and support existing product transfers. TTI Floor Care North America will create 211 new jobs in Putnam County, nearly doubling its workforce over the next five years.
“I want to thank TTI Floor Care for expanding its Cookeville operations and providing more than 200 jobs to Tennesseans,” Haslam said.
“TTI Floor Care is one of the many successful global companies located in Tennessee, and I couldn’t be more pleased with the company’s efforts to bring high quality manufacturing jobs back to Tennessee and for further investing in our state,” Hagerty added.
TTI Floor Care North America is one of the largest floor care manufacturers in North America and home to Hoover, Dirt Devil and Oreck vacuum cleaners. The Cookeville facility supports the company’s manufacturing, assembly and distribution operations, and will receive extensive building upgrades and infrastructure improvements through the expansion. TTI also maintains a call center at the Cookeville location.
“We are extremely pleased to expand our operations in Cookeville, which will support our leading position within the North American floor care market,” Simon Lawson, president of TTI Floor Care North America, said. “The Cookeville facility provides us with a number of advantages including a skilled, tenured workforce and a central location for shipping to a majority of the U.S. quickly and efficiently. We want to express our appreciation to Cookeville, Putnam County and the state of Tennessee for supporting our expansion in the Cookeville area.”
“This is a great day for Cookeville and the Highlands region,” Dr. Bob Bell, chairman of the Industrial Development Board of Cookeville, said. “These are good, well-paying jobs that will provide economic opportunity for numerous families in the area. On behalf of the Industrial Development Board, I wish TTI Floor Care many years of continued success.”
“TVA congratulates TTI Floor Care on its announcement to invest and create jobs in Cookeville,” John Bradley, TVA senior vice president of economic development, said. “TVA and Cookeville Electric Department are pleased to assist TTI through our partnership with the state of Tennessee, the Industrial Development Board of Cookeville, and the Cookeville-Putnam County Chamber.”
TTI Floor Care North America develops and manufactures vacuum cleaning products and floor care appliances including upright vacuum cleaners, carpet washers, hard floor cleaners and hand-held vacs. The company sells its products through a network of retailers to customers in the United States.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future