Pinkerton Relocates Global Headquarters To Ann Arbor, MI
Pinkerton has announced that it has moved its global headquarters to Ann Arbor, MI. Pinkerton President Jack Zahran made the announcement.
Pinkerton’s new headquarters is located in downtown Ann Arbor. The executive team and administrative staff including HR, marketing, finance and operations have already relocated to the new office from Pinkerton’s previous headquarters in Parsippany, NJ. Additional hires are expected in the weeks and months ahead.
“Ann Arbor is the perfect location from which to both grow our Michigan business as well as strategically plan and execute on our global growth strategy,” said Zahran. “This is a community of creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship and the talent pool is outstanding. We are thrilled to be here and look forward to immersing ourselves in Southeast Michigan.”
Founded in 1850 as Pinkerton’s National Detective Agency, Pinkerton has a well-established place in history having served as Abraham Lincoln’s personal security detail during the Civil War. At one time, Pinkerton’s National Detective Agency employed more agents than there were members of the standing army of the United States. Pinkerton’s Kate Warne became the United States’ first female detective in 1856 when she convinced Allan Pinkerton that a woman would be able to befriend the wives and girlfriends of suspected criminals and gain their confidence and that women naturally have an eye for detail.
Today, Pinkerton provides a wide range of corporate risk management services from investigations, employment screening, protective services, security management to consulting, crisis management and emergency response, intelligence and information services, brand protection and intellectual property protection. In addition to Ann Arbor, the company has more than 50 locations around the world, including Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and Latin America. The company has a second Michigan location inTroy.
“Beyond the great access to the University of Michigan we will be aggressively expanding our services in the automotive, education, health care, professional services and technology industries,” said Zahran. “We see both the region and the state of Michigan as outstanding growth opportunities for Pinkerton.”
Pinkerton’s move will be completed by mid August.
Related articles across the web
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open
- The Tree Pods are Coming