CEB To Build New HQ In Rosslyn, VA
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
CEB has announced that it has signed an agreement to lease space in The JBG Companies’ new Central Place development in Rosslyn, VA. CEB will be the marquee tenant in the building to be named “CEB Tower.” The property will support the company’s next-generation workplace plans and accommodate its growing global requirements. CEB plans to move to its new global headquarters in 2018.
“Our new headquarters will reinforce the strength and reach of our brand and our focus on Virginia and the National Capital Region as a home for, and source of, world-class talent,” said Tom Monahan, CEB Chairman and CEO.
Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe said, “Virginia has proudly served as home to CEB since its move from the District in 2008. A new global headquarters and investment of this magnitude are tremendous testaments to the confidence the company has in Arlington County and the Commonwealth as it grows its presence internationally and creates the workspace and technology for jobs of the 21st century. We celebrate this impressive global headquarters operation and 800 new jobs, and look forward to CEB’s continued success in Virginia for years to come.”
“Beyond pure economics, employee engagement and productivity were key considerations in our CEB Tower decision,” Monahan added. “We wanted to ensure that our team would have access to all the tools they needed to do their jobs and to collaborate effectively with their colleagues across our 50+ offices on six continents.”
CEB Tower will associate the CEB brand with the landmark Central Place, a trophy, mixed-use complex being developed by The JBG Companies. The state-of-the-art facility will offer the technology and physical footprint for optimal knowledge-work collaboration and employee productivity.
CEB will initially occupy 15 floors within CEB Tower, including office space and conference space to facilitate the hundreds of executive leadership events the company hosts annually. The location offers excellent proximity to international travel hubs, supporting CEB’s increasingly global presence, and is steps from local public transportation. The facility will also include ample bike and car parking for commuters. CEB Tower will also include a panoramic observation deck for visitors to the Washington, DC region.
“This agreement would not have been possible without the exceptional partnership of the Commonwealth and Arlington County,” Monahan continued. “The Governor’s office and our local government representatives clearly demonstrated why Virginia is a great state for business. Under their leadership, we are confident in Arlington’s future as a business hub and thrilled to be a landmark business in—and significant economic contributor to—the Rosslyn community. While it’s too early to size precisely the economic impact for 2018 and beyond, their partnership and leadership notably support our strategy for continued growth and margin expansion.”
The Virginia Economic Development Partnership worked with Arlington Economic Development to secure the project for Virginia. Gov. McAuliffe approved a $4.5 million grant from the Governor’s Opportunity Fund to assist Arlington County with the project. The Governor also approved $5 million in funds from the Virginia Economic Development Incentive Grant (VEDIG). Through its Virginia Jobs Investment Program, the Virginia Department of Business Assistance will provide funding and services to support the company’s recruitment, training and retraining activities.
Related articles across the web
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open
- The Tree Pods are Coming