BDI Pharma To Open New Irving, TX Distribution Center
BDI Pharma, Inc. is in the final stages of construction and licensing for a new distribution center (D.C.) located in Irving, TX. Operations are slated to begin as early as October of this year to support the ongoing expansion and business continuity efforts of the company. This will be BDI Pharma’s second national distribution center.
As part of the strategic plan, this facility was designed with optimized distribution capabilities primarily focusing on transportation efficiencies and maintaining business continuity in case of natural disaster. The new D.C. more than doubles BDI’s warehousing capacity and contains future plans that will allow for expansion to triple that capacity.
“We expect roughly 40 percent of our shipments to be made from the Irving location, while 60 percent would continue coming from our corporate headquarters in Columbia, SC,” stated Corwin Jackson, Vice President of Project Management for BDI Pharma. The company will also have space available in Irving dedicated for future sales staff expansion.
With a close proximity to DFW Airport, the new facility provides BDI Pharma the service required to continue offering customers efficient delivery capabilities. The new facility also helps to expand the normal hours of operation.
You might like:
- Feature Story: Georgia Governor’s Report – Georgia’s High-Powered Growth Engine
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment