SL Tennessee, LLC To Create 1,000 New Jobs In Clinton, TN
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam and Economic and Community Development Commissioner Bill Hagerty along with SL Tennessee, LLC officials announced the company will construct a new building to join its two existing facilities. The South Korean automotive parts manufacturer will invest $80.5 million and create 1,000 new jobs in Anderson County. Located in Clinton since 2001, this will be the company’s fifth expansion.
“I want to congratulate SL Tennessee on its latest expansion and thank the company for the 1,000 new jobs created in Clinton,” Haslam said.
“Upon completion of this project, SL Tennessee will more than double its workforce, making it the largest employer in Clinton and one of the largest in Anderson County. I appreciate SL Tennessee’s continued investment in our state and for providing quality jobs to our citizens,” Hagerty said.
“Once again, SL Tennessee is proud to announce that Clinton has been chosen as the newest site for expansion to help fulfill the global vision of SL Corporation,” SL America President Y.K. Woo said. “Several key factors played a role in SL Corporation’s decision to expand its Clinton location. First is the support we have received from the state of Tennessee, the city of Clinton, Anderson County, TVA, Clinton Utilities Board and the Anderson County Economic Development Association. Second is the quality and availability of labor at our Clinton facility. Finally, SL Corporation has chosen Clinton for this latest expansion because the business climate in Tennessee and Anderson County has enabled us to be successful. We hope to build on that success and continue to grow in the future.”
SL Tennessee will begin construction in August 2014 with a goal of being fully operational by April 2015.
“In just the past two years, the automotive parts manufacturing sector has announced the creation of nearly 1,300 jobs and the capital investment of $200 million in Anderson County,” Anderson County Mayor Terry Frank said. “SL’s expansion is proof of their hard work and commitment to quality, as well as a testament to the economic development team’s desire to assist our existing industries. I could not possibly be any prouder to have SL choose Anderson County as the place to grow their business.”
“TVA and Clinton Utilities Board congratulate SL Tennessee on its vibrant growth and commitment to Clinton,” John Bradley, TVA senior vice president of Economic Development, said. “Automotive manufacturing and suppliers are vital for our region’s prosperity. That’s why our economic development partnerships with the state of Tennessee, Anderson County EDA and city of Clinton are so important to foster the fast-paced job growth of existing companies like SL Tennessee.”
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana
- GE To Add 120 Jobs, Invest $7.4M In Iowa Manufacturing Facility