New Jobs Announced In the City Of Hampton, VA
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Liberty-Source PBC, an onshore business process outsourcing (BPO) model that harnesses the talent of military spouses, will invest $1.56 million to establish an operation at Fort Monroe in the City of Hampton, VA. The company will provide finance, accounting, human resources, customer care and additional support services for its clients, creating 596 new jobs.
Speaking about this announcement, Virginia Gov. McAuliffe said, “Liberty-Source PBC is a tremendous addition to the Hampton Roads region. The company’s delivery model is centered on employing staff from the U.S. military community, and Fort Monroe and the City of Hampton have a long and storied military history. In addition to active duty men and women in Virginia, thousands exit the military each year in the Commonwealth, and Liberty-Source will make a great social and economic impact providing opportunities to valuable government assets.”
“The addition of nearly 600 new jobs is significant news for Fort Monroe and the City of Hampton,” said Maurice Jones, Virginia Secretary of Commerce and Trade. “An operation at a former U.S. Army post is a perfect fit for Liberty-Source PBC’s business model. The company will add economic vitality to a location with a centuries-old military tradition while drawing on the prevalent talents of the strong workforce in the region.”
Liberty-Source provides specialized industry solutions for clients seeking a flexible, onshore and cost-effective solution. The company offers large multinational companies onshore alternatives to a traditional offshore BPO model. In addition, its mission—providing career and training opportunities to the dedicated, under-employed pool of highly skilled military spouses—benefits both clients and, in this case, the broader Virginia community.
“As an onshore BPO, Liberty-Source provides clients agile, tailored solutions which can deliver the spectrum of their business process needs,” said Deborah Kops, Chairman, Liberty-Source.
By harnessing the power of military spouses and creating strong alliances with leaders in the education, consulting and technology sectors, Liberty-Source is able to implement powerful solutions that meet the changing needs of its clients. A Public Benefit Corporation (PBC), Liberty-Source is for-profit, yet it’s designed as a responsible and sustainable enterprise managed for the benefit of its clients, its shareholders and the broader public interest.
“Virginia is the ideal location to headquarter a BPO operation,” said Steve Hosley, president and CEO of Liberty-Source. “With over 30,000 active military from all five branches in the greater Hampton Roads area, Fort Monroe provides us access to a highly skilled and dedicated workforce.”
The Virginia Economic Development Partnership worked with the City of Hampton, the Fort Monroe Authority, and the Hampton Roads Economic Development Alliance to secure the project for Virginia. Gov. McAuliffe approved a $300,000 grant from the Governor’s Opportunity Fund to assist Hampton with the project. Funding and services to support the company’s employee training activities will be provided through the Virginia Jobs Investment Program.
“We’re thrilled to welcome Liberty-Source to Fort Monroe,” said Glenn Oder, Executive Director of the Fort Monroe Authority. “The company’s hiring of military veterans and family members of our active duty service men and women is admirable. That makes it even more meaningful that they can call Fort Monroe home.”
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana
- GE To Add 120 Jobs, Invest $7.4M In Iowa Manufacturing Facility