May/June 2014 Issue (Volume 47, Number 3)
FIRST WORD | Covering The Bases
SNAPSHOTS: 60 Seconds… | with Michael Finney, President And CEO, Michigan Economic Development
BUSINESS REPORT: A Rising Tide Of New Jobs, Investment Rolls Into Alabama | Nearly 17,000 new jobs and more than $4.4 billion in capital investment came to Alabama in 2013, according to a new report released by Gov. Robert Bentley.
COVER STORY: Global Biotech Report | A resurgent bioscience sector pulls Europe into recovery, while U.S. biotech leaders train the next generation of an essential skilled workforce.
BUSINESS REPORT: Wisconsin Spurs Milwaukee Redevelopment With Brownfield Grants | Wisconsin Economic Development Corp. grants will be deployed to prime former Pabst, Schlitz brewery sites and two other projects for redevelopment.
INDUSTRY FOCUS: Food Processing — The Process Of Consistency | Food processing plays a central role in enhancing everyone’s quality of life. Find out which locations are growing a new crop of jobs in their established food-processing hubs.
FEATURE STORY: Indiana Governor’s Report – Homegrown Success In The Hoosier State | In this exclusive Indiana Governor’s Report, Gov. Mike Pence gives BF an upfront look at how the state’s economic development effort has been ramped up to match the speed of business.
FEATURE STORY: Feature Story: Shovel-Ready Sites – Fired Up, Ready To Go | Pre-certified, shovel-ready sites are essential to attract expansions and relocations in today’s fast-moving business environment.
BUSINESS REPORT: Coca-Cola Bottling Recommits To Chattanooga | Coca-Cola—which opened its first bottling plant in Chattanooga more than a century ago—has doubled down on its commitment with a new distribution center in the city.
LOCATION FOCUS: The Carolinas – Growth Climate Warms In The Carolinas | The Carolinas are setting out the welcome mat for innovation and manufacturing, drawing in numerous new projects.
BUSINESS REPORT: Maryland – Howard County Opens 3D Printing Prototype Lab | C3D Maryland unveils its new Innovation + Prototyping Lab, dedicated to the advancement of the hot growth sector of additive manufacturing.
INDUSTRY FOCUS: Data Centers – To Serve And Protect | A successful business expansion strategy can’t ignore data storage needs.
LOCATION FOCUS: Washington – Scenic Vistas And Soaring Industry Side By Side | In the Pacific Northwest, world-class ports and a renewed commitment from Boeing are lifting the growth potential in Washington.
To subscribe to BF, visit this link.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana
- GE To Add 120 Jobs, Invest $7.4M In Iowa Manufacturing Facility