By Jack Rogers
From the May/June 2014 issue
In every issue of Business Facilities, we do our best to take a swing through as many locations, industry trends and growth strategies as we can squeeze into our magazine.
In this issue, we needed the digital equivalent of a shoehorn to make sure all the big hitters were in the lineup. The reports from our scouts were overflowing with timely information and we didn’t want to leave anyone on the bench.
Leading off is our Global Biotech Report, our most comprehensive look at a sector that’s expanding its reach as the time elapsing between molecular breakthroughs and commercial applications contracts. The tour starts in Manchester, a world-class hub and one of the crown jewels of the U.K.’s recovery, where researchers will take their game to another level at the new Graphene Institute, where medical uses for the miracle material will be explored. This isn’t your father’s biotech.
Contributing editor Jenny Vickers loads the bases with her annual round-up of locations that are fired up and ready to go with pre-certified, shovel-ready sites. The smart ones have come up with a wicked curve as they integrate workforce training into their delivery of services.
Our clutch hitter is Gov. Mike Pence, who gives us an inside look at Indiana’s effort to synch economic development with the speed of business, a strategy that’s running up the score in the Hoosier State.
We hope you’ll agree we hit it out of the park, but it’s time for us to stop pitching. Grab some peanuts and crackerjacks and enjoy the game!
You might like:
- 3D Systems Expanding In Tennessee
- Amazon Adding Two New Fulfillment Facilities In California
- Business Report: Illinois Leaders Form Non-Profit to Spur Job Creation
- Industry Focus: Aerospace Sector Is Flying High Again
- Data Cowboys
- Kansas City Launches “Smart City” Initiative
- Leading FDI Experts Analyze Global Trends At LiveXchange
- Michigan Hot Dog Maker To Expand, Hire 140 Workers
- Chicago Celebrates Technology Startup Hub Expansion, 700 New Tech Jobs
- Last Chance
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- Salesforce To Grow Regional HQ, Add 800 Jobs In Indiana
- State Focus: New York – Accelerating Biotech Innovation In The Empire State
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- SIG SAUER Moving Ammunition Manufacturing To Arkansas
- Two-Way Street