The Commonwealth Center for Advanced Manufacturing (CCAM) has announced that Airbus has joined CCAM’s industry, academic and government consortium dedicated to manufacturing breakthroughs and advancements in applied research. CCAM, Airbus and Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe used the occasion of the Farnborough International Airshow 2014 to announce the new membership during a celebratory signing event.
“This union is a natural one. Tapping the intellects of the greatest researchers in the industry benefits everyone involved from the developers to the end users,” said Charles Champion, Executive Vice President Engineering for Airbus.
Speaking about this announcement, Gov. McAuliffe said, “The Commonwealth Center for Advanced Manufacturing is a world-class asset that brings together Virginia’s leading manufacturing companies and top educational institutions to expedite research and turn ideas into real-world technologies and solutions. The addition of a major player like Airbus is a great testament to the pivotal role CCAM plays as a centerpiece of Virginia’s efforts to promote R&D and technology commercialization, and contribute to a growing Virginia economy. We are thrilled that, as an Organizing Industry Member of CCAM, Airbus will partner with its fellow industry, government and university members and share best practices, experience and expertise to further strengthen advanced manufacturing in Virginia.”
“Airbus is a global leader in advanced manufacturing and a pioneer in applying forward-thinking innovation. As a CCAM Organizing Industry Member, Airbus will bring decades of expertise in engineering technologies and manufacturing systems to the research conducted at CCAM,” said Joseph F. Moody, CCAM President and Executive Director.
Based in Prince George County, VA, CCAM provides production ready advanced manufacturing solutions to member companies across the globe. CCAM member companies and academic and government partners collaborate on research to innovate manufacturing practices, resulting in new techniques and processes applied in aerospace, defense, transportation, consumer electronics and other industries.
You might like:
- 3D Systems Expanding In Tennessee
- Amazon Adding Two New Fulfillment Facilities In California
- Business Report: Illinois Leaders Form Non-Profit to Spur Job Creation
- Industry Focus: Aerospace Sector Is Flying High Again
- Data Cowboys
- Kansas City Launches “Smart City” Initiative
- Leading FDI Experts Analyze Global Trends At LiveXchange
- Chicago Celebrates Technology Startup Hub Expansion, 700 New Tech Jobs
- Michigan Hot Dog Maker To Expand, Hire 140 Workers
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- Last Chance
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- Salesforce To Grow Regional HQ, Add 800 Jobs In Indiana
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- State Focus: New York – Accelerating Biotech Innovation In The Empire State
- Two-Way Street
- TeamHealth Expanding In Knoxville, TN