Grainger Announces Plans For New Northeast Distribution Center
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Grainger, a supplier of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) products serving businesses and institutions, has announced the purchase of 96 acres of land in Bordentown Township, NJ. The company plans to build a 1.3 million square-foot distribution center on this property, which is scheduled to open in 2016.
“Our new distribution center will allow us to get more products next day to our customers in the Northeast, so they have what they need to help keep their operations running and their people safe,” said Paige Robbins, vice president of Americas Supply Chain with Grainger. “Grainger has been in New Jersey since 1933, and we’re looking forward to becoming an active member of the Bordentown Township business community.”
When this new facility is up and running, the company expects to employ more than 400 individuals, primarily in warehouse operations. Grainger anticipates these jobs will be filled by a mix of existing employees and new hires.
“Bordentown Township is excited to welcome Grainger to our community,” said Stephen Benowitz, Mayor of Bordentown Township. “The company has a reputation as a strong employer and good neighbor, and their presence will surely be a boost to our economic development plans. We will continue to work with Grainger as they build and open their facility, and look forward to a long, mutually-beneficial partnership. Working with Grainger, we have shown what a good government partner Bordentown Township – ‘The Crossroads at the Heart of New Jersey’ – can be to business and commercial endeavors.”
Grainger currently operates 11 locations in New Jersey, including 10 branches throughout the state and a distribution center in Robbinsville. IDI Gazele will serve as the developer/construction manager, and Gray Construction will serve as general contractor on this project.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open