Giti Tire To Build New Plant In South Carolina
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Giti Tire executives joined South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley along with State and Chester County officials in announcing the plan to build a new tire manufacturing plant to meet growing demand in the North American market. The $560 million facility will be located in Chester County and is expected to generate 1,700 new jobs over the next 10 years.
“This significant investment represents our strong commitment to customers in North America. This is a key milestone for Giti Tire and an important part of our growth strategy worldwide. Existing business and strong demand for Giti Tire’s passenger and light truck tires in North America has made this significant investment in South Carolina possible. Giti Tire would like to thank Gov. Haley, Secretary Hitt, the state and people of South Carolina, Chairman Roddey and the Chester County community for welcoming us,” said Dr. Enki Tan, executive chairman of Giti Tire Group.
“This is another huge win for our state and Team South Carolina. We are the nation’s tire capital, and Giti’s decision to come to our state is another great sign that our economic development efforts are paying off for the hardworking people of South Carolina,” said Gov. Haley.
This is the first greenfield project in North America for Giti Tire. The plant will produce passenger and light truck tires for the replacement and original equipment markets. The plant will be built with a focus on maintaining a healthy balance with the environment and following Giti Tire’s green initiatives.
“Chester County is an excellent location for Giti Tire, offering an extensive and efficient infrastructure network including interstate highways, rail, close proximity to airports and a major metropolitan area to support the company’s needs and growth for many years to come,” said Lei Huai Chin, managing director of Giti Tire Group.
“The new facility will combine a manufacturing plant and distribution center with total building area estimated to be 1,800,000 square feet,” said Tom McNamara, executive vice president of sales and marketing, Giti Tire (USA) Ltd.
You might like:
- Mary Kay Chooses Lewisville, TX For New Global Manufacturing, R&D Operations
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Shell Chemical To Invest $717M In Louisiana Olefins Expansion
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana
- Michigan Incentives and Workforce Development Guide
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Talent, Technology Emerging Keys To Manufacturing Investment
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open
- State Focus: Texas Diversity
- China-Based Sinomax Group Creating 350 Jobs In Tennessee
- Feature Story: Tennessee Governor’s Report – Staying Ahead Of The Curve