Published: 1 year ago
Creative Lodging Solutions LLC (CLS), a national travel company based in Lexington, KY, will expand to a new facility in Fayette County and add 120 new jobs.
“It’s always exciting to see a business grow its global presence in Kentucky,” said Kentucky Gov. Beshear. “Creative Lodging Solutions’ innovative services are having a big impact on national business travel. I’m proud they’ve decided to expand their roots in the Commonwealth, providing more jobs to Kentuckians.”
CLS currently employs 134 people and is expected to almost double its workforce in the next four years. The company also plans to invest nearly $5.5 million in the project.
“I am committed to growing our business in Kentucky and appreciate the assistance we have received from the state of Kentucky and economic development,” said Mike Tetterton, owner and president of Creative Lodging Solutions.
Founded in 2002, CLS provides customized lodging programs for corporate clients nationwide, specializing in long-term and project-based stays for business travel. CLS was crowned the 2011 Small Business of the Year by Commerce Lexington Inc. and was recently designated by the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce as one of the Best Places to Work the fifth year in a row.
To encourage the investment and job growth in Fayette County, the Kentucky Economic Development Finance Authority preliminarily approved the company for tax incentives up to $1.7 million through the Kentucky Business Investment program. The performance-based incentive allows a company to keep a portion of its investment over the term of the agreement through corporate income tax credits and wage assessments by meeting job and investment targets.
“Creating jobs is our top priority,” said Lexington Mayor Jim Gray. “When a local company grows, it’s always a sign that we’re doing our job – creating the environment that attracts new companies and encourages local companies to grow.”
“It’s great to see a company expanding in Lexington,” said Sen. Alice Forgy Kerr, of Lexington. “Doing this shows a commitment to our community and its people – and an investment in its future.”
“Commerce Lexington is excited to celebrate Creative Lodging Solutions’ expansion in Lexington,” said Bob Quick, Commerce Lexington Inc. president and CEO. “We have enjoyed working with this dynamic headquarters and appreciate the jobs they are creating in our community. Congratulations to Creative Lodging Solutions on their success.”
You might like:
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- Amazon.com Expanding In New Jersey
- State Focus – Kansas: The Sunflower State Is Blooming and Booming
- Feature Story: 2016 Economic Development Awards
- Automotive Industry Focus: Hitting On All Cylinders
- Cover Story: Global Biotech Report
- Race to a Smart Future
- Toyota Chooses Ann Arbor For Third U.S. Research Facility
- Heroic Efforts In California
- DH Pace Company Expands Kansas HQ Facility
- Water on the Brain
- Cape Coral Economic Development Office: Location Spotlight of the Week
- Axiall, Lotte Invest $3 Billion in Louisiana Chemical Plants
- Monsanto To Invest $975M In Louisiana Expansion
- $25 Million Pledged for Economic Development Partnership in Flint, Michigan Amid Water Crisis
- Auto Supply Manufacturer Adding 80 Jobs In Indiana
- GM Investing Over $788M, Creating 781 Jobs In Tennessee