zulily, Inc. Selects Nevada For New Fulfillment Center
zulily, inc. has announced the construction of a new fulfillment center in McCarran, NV that will double the size of its existing Nevada fulfillment center. The facility could hold as many as 1,600 zulily employees. This has the potential to be the largest job growth commitment on record in EDAWN history.
Headquartered in Seattle, WA, zulily is a retailer focused on moms. zulily’s existing Nevada fulfillment center, also located in McCarran, NV, is staffed by over 1,000 employees of their business partner, IntelliSource.
“The Nevada region has served us well, and we look forward to expanding our operations in the area to deliver even more value and service to our customers nationwide,” said zulily COO Bob Spieth.
The construction of the new facility will involve hundreds of people working on a project of this size and directly result in 300 new employees being added to zulily’s team by the end of 2014. The positions filled will be a combination of supervisors, quality assurance, warehouse and production workers.
“zulily’s job growth is an exciting announcement for northern Nevada. The goal with all companies is to establish a healthy business climate for sustained growth, and zulily represents a company who was able to do just that,” said Mike Kazmierski, CEO of EDAWN. “As we diversify our economy we need to assist both small and large expansions, and zulily represents a big win for the state of Nevada as they make a strategic decision to include their Nevada location in the future plans of their company.”
Nevada Governor Brian Sandoval, Storey County Commissioner, Chairman Marshall McBride, and EDAWN Board Chair Steve Anderson joined EDAWN CEO Mike Kazmierski in celebrating zulily’s expansion in northern Nevada. There were multiple partners who assisted with the expansion of zulily: Scott Snyder with Intellisource, Jeb Atkinson, Brian Camp, Jess Andrews and Doug McDowell with ProVenture, Bryan Gardner with Reno Property Management, Mike Nevis with NAI Alliance, Seefried Industrial Properties, Alston Construction, USAA, NV Energy, Job Connect, Governor’s Office of Economic Development, Nevada Industry Excellence and Truckee Meadows Community College.
zulily provides an attractive compensation and benefits plan to its employees, and has a variety of positions available. EDAWN’s focus is on attracting employers who provide quality jobs that add value and revenue to northern Nevada. Fulfillment companies are a target sector for EDAWN as outlined in its three year strategic plan.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open
- The Tree Pods are Coming