New Resource Announced For Cities Seeking Innovation And Economic Revitalization
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Secretary Shaun Donovan and White House Intergovernmental Affairs Director David Agnew will announce the launch of the National Resource Network (NRN), a pilot program designed to serve as a “311 for Cities.” The program will allow city officials access to best practices and advice from national experts on community development, economic development, operations, budget and other key issues. The NRN will help cities address these challenges through on-the-ground expert visits and technical assistance, among other services.
The NRN pilot will offer immediate assistance to over 50 cities through the 311 service, as well as on-the-ground engagement in at least 10 cities, including: Compton, CA; Lynwood, CA; Fall River, MA; Kansas City, KS; and Miami, FL. The National Resource Network was created out of demand from cities around the country to have access to experts and information that can help them address the mounting challenges of growing inequality, high unemployment, under-performing schools, aging infrastructure and vacant and blighted properties.
The NRN is a three-year, $10 million technical assistance program funded by HUD and being implemented by a group of leading experts from the public and private sectors, including Enterprise Community Partners, Public Financial Management, HR&A Advisors, New York University’s Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service and the International City/County Management Association.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana
- GE To Add 120 Jobs, Invest $7.4M In Iowa Manufacturing Facility