Ann Arbor SPARK Supports Mahindra GenZe; Company Expands To U.S.
Ann Arbor SPARK’s efforts to attract high tech businesses to the region has resulted in Mahindra GenZe, a division of the multinational company Mahindra and Mahindra, choosing to locate in the City of Ann Arbor, MI. Mahindra GenZe is designing and manufacturing a new technology vehicle here, in its first facility in the United States.
As part of its expansion in Ann Arbor, the company is investing up to $2 million and creating 34 jobs related to vehicle research and manufacturing. Mahindra GenZe chose Ann Arbor over competing locations in the U.S.
To help Mahindra GenZe establish its new facility in the Ann Arbor region, SPARK helped the company with its application for incentives from the Michigan Economic Development Corp. and connected the company with City of Ann Arbor officials to discuss and plan for local requirements related to manufacturing in the City. Ann Arbor SPARK also took an active role in helping the company identify a site for its new facility.
“We’ve been working with the SPARK team on our expansion to Ann Arbor for over a year now, and we couldn’t be more impressed with their professionalism and knowledge,” said Allen Clark, Mahindra GenZe. “Ann Arbor SPARK provided expert assistance in selecting a site for our new manufacturing facility, and walked us through the process of securing both state and local incentives. Additionally, SPARK introduced us to the right people at the right time, making our expansion to Ann Arbor a success.”
“Securing incentives and selecting a site for such an important expansion is complicated, especially for a foreign company looking to expand to the U.S.,” explained Ann Arbor SPARK president and CEO Paul Krutko. “Ann Arbor SPARK helped Mahindra GenZe navigate the process and secure a $300,000 Michigan Business Development Program performance-based grant from the Michigan Economic Development Corp. Our business development team also provided assistance to the company in finding the perfect location for both research and manufacturing of its vehicle technology.”
“Mahindra GenZe represents a great win for the Ann Arbor region,” Krutko added. “The company recognized that we could offer the support, space and talent that they needed to advance their business goals and bring an innovative new product to market.”
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana
- GE To Add 120 Jobs, Invest $7.4M In Iowa Manufacturing Facility