TM Track Machines Opens Railcar Repair And Tamper Manufacturing Facility In Kansas
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
The Kansas Department of Commerce has announced that TM Track Machines LLC has opened a railcar repair shop and tamper manufacturing facility in Parsons, KS. At the facility, TM Track plans to create 75 jobs during the next five years.
“TM Track Machines looks forward to the reopening of the Parsons railcar repair and tamper manufacturing facility,” said TM Track Machines co-owner Terry Peterson. “We are excited about the opportunities to leverage our long history of working with rail contractors, Class I, Regional and short-line Railroads, together with proven products, technologies and the Parsons workforce. We believe that TM Track Machines will quickly establish itself as a significant player in the railroad tamper industry nationally, and the strategic location of Parsons on the Union Pacific Railroad system will serve as a catalyst for the expansion and growth of our company in the years ahead.”
“TM Track Machines’ facility in Parsons supports two critical areas of the Kansas economy, our extensive railway system and our thriving manufacturing sector,” Kansas Commerce Secretary Pat George said. “It is terrific to see this new company open its doors and create good jobs in our state.”
“The news of TM Track purchasing the Kanza Rail Shops in Parsons was extremely positive for our community,” said Carolyn Kennett, city of Parsons economic development director. “Not only would the 50 jobs that were lost be brought back but additional jobs would be created. Parsons is a community that was founded by the Katy Railroad and that heritage runs deep throughout our history. The Kansas Department of Commerce was a great partner in making this project a reality and securing excellent paying jobs for our community.”
For more stories on Kansas, click this link.
You might like:
- Feature Story: Georgia Governor’s Report – Georgia’s High-Powered Growth Engine 2166 Views
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings 1011 Views
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners 930 Views
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders 923 Views
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment 902 Views