Teleperformance To Invest $3.5 Million In Henrico County, VA Customer Service Center
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe has announced that Teleperformance, an outsourcer of multichannel customer experience management, will establish a new customer service center in Henrico County, bringing 500 new jobs to the region.
Speaking about the announcement, McAuliffe said, “The addition of 500 new jobs in Henrico County is tremendous news for the region. Teleperformance is a leading international company with a presence in Virginia, and this new customer service center represents its second operation in the state. The company’s growth in the Commonwealth is a great testament to Virginia’s business climate and resources that businesses require in order to succeed in today’s competitive environment. We are honored to have Teleperformance as a corporate partner and look forward to its continued success.”
“As Teleperformance expands its footprint in Virginia, we welcome significant new job opportunities and investment in Henrico County,” said Maurice Jones, Virginia Secretary of Commerce and Trade. “This project is a win-win, as Teleperformance will benefit from the abundance of qualified employees in Central Virginia, and residents in the region will have career opportunities with a global, growing company.”
Teleperformance, the worldwide leader in outsourced multichannel customer experience management, serves companies around the world with customer care, technical support, customer acquisition and debt collection programs. The company employs more than 149,000 people across 46 countries.
“Having enjoyed great success in Virginia over the past 10 years, this was an easy decision for us,” said Miranda Collard, President of Operational Delivery, Teleperformance U.S.A. “At Teleperformance, we live by our core values and are fortunate to work with talented, passionate employees in Virginia, who share this same goal of providing world-class customer service for our clients. We are grateful for the support we have received from the Commonwealth of Virginia and its people. We are excited to bring more employment opportunities to the area and to build a long-term partnership with the local community.”
The Virginia Economic Development Partnership worked with the Henrico County Economic Development Authority and the Greater Richmond Partnership to secure the project for Virginia. Through its Virginia Jobs Investment Program, the Virginia Department of Small Business and Supplier Diversity will provide funding and services to support the company’s training activities.
“Henrico County’s international business community has always been a stable part of our local and regional economy,” said Patricia S. O’Bannon, Chairman of the Henrico County Board of Supervisors. “So when Teleperformance selected us as the location for their multichannel customer contact center, I was very excited. This continues Henrico’s tradition, dating back to 1611, of being a center of commerce.”
For more stories on IT-related facilities, click this link.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana
- GE To Add 120 Jobs, Invest $7.4M In Iowa Manufacturing Facility
Topic Tags: Blog-April-2014, Greater Richmond Partnership, Henrico County, Virginia Department of Small Business and Supplier Diversity, Virginia Economic Development Partnership, Virginia Jobs Investment Program