Posted by Heidi Schwartz
The Midland Development Corporation has announced the establishment of Orbital Outfitters, Ltd. Space and Pressure Suit Manufacturing Development Business at the Midland International Airport (MAF). Construction of the new building at MAF will be completed by December 2015 and include an altitude chamber complex to support the testing and qualification of many space components and will be made available for use by UTPB.
“The commercial space industry is steadily gaining momentum and we are proud to be at the forefront of this strategic growth. Midland is becoming a destination for aerospace companies looking for the ideal location and collaboration opportunities for their endeavors,” said Robert Rendall, MDC Chairman.
“We are extremely excited about locating this new facility in Midland. For the last several years, Orbital Outfitters has been looking for the ideal location for a manufacturing facility to support our growth as the commercial space industry matures and Midland has proven itself to be just the right fit,” said Jeff Feige, CEO of Orbital Outfitters.
In parallel with Orbital Outfitters’ announcement, the City of Midland is in the latter stages of applying for a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Commercial Space Launch Site Designation for Midland International Airport (MAF). Upon completion and approval of the FAA application, MAF will be the first Primary Commercial Service Airport to be granted such a designation.
You might like:
- 3D Systems Expanding In Tennessee
- Amazon Adding Two New Fulfillment Facilities In California
- Business Report: Illinois Leaders Form Non-Profit to Spur Job Creation
- Industry Focus: Aerospace Sector Is Flying High Again
- Data Cowboys
- Kansas City Launches “Smart City” Initiative
- Leading FDI Experts Analyze Global Trends At LiveXchange
- Michigan Hot Dog Maker To Expand, Hire 140 Workers
- Chicago Celebrates Technology Startup Hub Expansion, 700 New Tech Jobs
- Last Chance
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- State Focus: New York – Accelerating Biotech Innovation In The Empire State
- Salesforce To Grow Regional HQ, Add 800 Jobs In Indiana
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- SIG SAUER Moving Ammunition Manufacturing To Arkansas
- Two-Way Street