Posted by Heidi Schwartz
The Midland Development Corporation has announced the establishment of Orbital Outfitters, Ltd. Space and Pressure Suit Manufacturing Development Business at the Midland International Airport (MAF). Construction of the new building at MAF will be completed by December 2015 and include an altitude chamber complex to support the testing and qualification of many space components and will be made available for use by UTPB.
“The commercial space industry is steadily gaining momentum and we are proud to be at the forefront of this strategic growth. Midland is becoming a destination for aerospace companies looking for the ideal location and collaboration opportunities for their endeavors,” said Robert Rendall, MDC Chairman.
“We are extremely excited about locating this new facility in Midland. For the last several years, Orbital Outfitters has been looking for the ideal location for a manufacturing facility to support our growth as the commercial space industry matures and Midland has proven itself to be just the right fit,” said Jeff Feige, CEO of Orbital Outfitters.
In parallel with Orbital Outfitters’ announcement, the City of Midland is in the latter stages of applying for a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Commercial Space Launch Site Designation for Midland International Airport (MAF). Upon completion and approval of the FAA application, MAF will be the first Primary Commercial Service Airport to be granted such a designation.
You might like:
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Data Cowboys
- Burn Baby Burn
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- Life Sciences Companies Face Talent Crisis
- Duo Security, Inc. Adding 300 Jobs In Michigan
- Amazon.com Expanding In New Jersey
- Thomson Reuters Expanding Texas Operations
- B. Braun To Add 175 Jobs In Florida
- Tennessee Lands New Customer Service Center
- GM Investing Over $788M, Creating 781 Jobs In Tennessee
- ChartSpan Bringing 300 Jobs To South Carolina
- Allergan Breaks Ground On $200M Texas Expansion
- Texas: Tri-Agency Workforce Initiative Aims To Meet 21st Century Job Needs