Posted by Heidi Schwartz
The Midland Development Corporation has announced the establishment of Orbital Outfitters, Ltd. Space and Pressure Suit Manufacturing Development Business at the Midland International Airport (MAF). Construction of the new building at MAF will be completed by December 2015 and include an altitude chamber complex to support the testing and qualification of many space components and will be made available for use by UTPB.
“The commercial space industry is steadily gaining momentum and we are proud to be at the forefront of this strategic growth. Midland is becoming a destination for aerospace companies looking for the ideal location and collaboration opportunities for their endeavors,” said Robert Rendall, MDC Chairman.
“We are extremely excited about locating this new facility in Midland. For the last several years, Orbital Outfitters has been looking for the ideal location for a manufacturing facility to support our growth as the commercial space industry matures and Midland has proven itself to be just the right fit,” said Jeff Feige, CEO of Orbital Outfitters.
In parallel with Orbital Outfitters’ announcement, the City of Midland is in the latter stages of applying for a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Commercial Space Launch Site Designation for Midland International Airport (MAF). Upon completion and approval of the FAA application, MAF will be the first Primary Commercial Service Airport to be granted such a designation.
You might like:
- 1,000th Michigan Business Lands Energy Incentives
- California, Illinois, Texas Lead The Charge Toward A Modernized Power Grid
- AvePoint Expanding In Richmond And Arlington County, Virginia
- Super Bowl 50 To Generate Over $220M For San Francisco Bay Area
- Grid Stars
- Valmiera Glass To Invest $90M In Georgia
- Indiana Electrical Grid Management Firm Adding 80+ Jobs
- Sustainable Corrugated Investing $15M In Georgia
- Rapid Growth Leads 2U To New Maryland HQ
- Olympus Will Build National Service Center in Bartlett, TN
- Illinois Is Top State For LEED Green Building
- Icy Hot
- Walking the Walk
- Business Facilities LiveXchange Announces 2016 Keynote Panel
- Daimler Trucks To Invest $22.7M In SC Freightliner Facilities