New Kia Facility Breaks Ground In Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Fort Lauderdale-based Stiles Construction and Stiles Architectural Group, along with Gunther Motor Company, will host a groundbreaking ceremony for the all-new Gunther Kia dealership in Fort Lauderdale. This dealership will be Gunther’s largest full-service facility. Expected to open in late 2014 or early 2015, Stiles will utilize a fast track construction delivery method, which has been employed to successfully complete similar dealerships.
More than 100 jobs will be created through the 10-month construction period. Situated on a 7.75 acre site, this new facility will be adjacent to an existing Gunther Collision Center.
“Gunther Motor Company has grown so significantly over the past decade we have had to rebuild completely with brand new facilities,” said Jay Gunther.
Gunther Motor Company is owned and operated by the Gunther Automotive Group, which has been selling and servicing cars in South Florida since 1964. Stiles Construction and Stiles Architectural Group, divisions of Fort Lauderdale-based full-service real estate company Stiles, are designing and building the new Gunther dealership. This is Stiles’ second project for Gunther Corporation.
“Stiles is pleased to have been selected for this exciting project, which will help to establish Gunther Automotive as one of South Florida’s most prominent dealers,” Tim Moore, President of Stiles Construction. “With automotive sales hitting record highs, Stiles has been experiencing an exciting boom in the new construction and renovation of dealerships. Currently, we have more than one million square feet of automotive dealerships underway or in the design phase.”
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open